So I was looking up the specs and comparing the Tour to the Storm... Only thing that I see that's better is that the Tour as 256mb flash memory... I just bought my Storm about 4 days ago. I am loving it so far (upgraded from curve 8330). The touch screen is different but I am starting to miss the keyboard on my curve... I just love having such a big screen size. Videos look great on this phone. I still have about 25 more days to return the Storm if I want. So I guess I will keep an eye out on reviews and check out a tour myself.

What are some of you other Storm users thinking about doing?
    07-06-09 09:07 PM
    Please search for the Storm reviews. I would estimate 75% of people hate their BB Storms and it isn't the only one that they have had.

It is up to you man, play with it, then go into VZW and play with the model they have on display. See what you think.
    07-06-09 09:10 PM
    For me it was impossible to go from a curve 8330 to a storm, no keyboard being the main sticking point. I do like the bigger screen but the Tour will have a great HI-RES screen to, just a bit smaller. I myself will be getting the tour and won't look back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 09:18 PM
    The Storm is better now that the new official software has been released from VZW. However, the Tour will probably be smoother, faster in the UI. I am also getting the Tour, although I have the Storm. I want both. I will also be getting the Storm 2. Just compare the 2 in the store when the Tour is on sale.
    07-06-09 09:21 PM
    You seem to be happy with how the Storm is performing so it seems you need to decide what is more important, screen size or keyboard?
    07-06-09 09:22 PM
    You seem to be happy with how the Storm is performing so it seems you need to decide what is more important, screen size or keyboard?
    Yeah thats true... I really miss the keyboard... Well I will definately be at the VZW store checking out the Tour next week...
    07-06-09 09:26 PM
    Cough, Cough. Keyboard. Cough cough.
    07-06-09 09:26 PM
    I was a former Storm owner and I've gotta say I loved my Storm. The OS was buggy but I kept up with the leaked OS's and each one generally made it better. There were a few bad ones but for the most part I enjoyed my Storm very much. But then again I love new toys as well so that's why I sold my Storm so I can buy the Tour.
    07-06-09 09:32 PM
    I love the screen size on the Storm, but I miss the keyboard a little too much so I'm definitely switching
    07-06-09 09:57 PM
    I went to the Alltel Store today cause my trackball died on my 8830 and she was telling me they're having the grand opening for the Verizon store saturday and sunday customers will be able to purchase phones. I told her I wanted to upgrade to the Storm but she was like don't do it. They got a new BB coming out but she couldn't tell me the name of it. Well I guess this is it. It looks like it has everything that the 8830 didn't have. If you guys had the option to get the Storm or the Tour which one would you get?
    07-06-09 10:00 PM
    I love the screen size on the Storm, but I miss the keyboard a little too much so I'm definitely switching
    Storm 2 is coming if you can wait a few more months, Laker Girl.
    07-06-09 10:02 PM
    I went to the Alltel Store today cause my trackball died on my 8830 and she was telling me they're having the grand opening for the Verizon store saturday and sunday customers will be able to purchase phones. I told her I wanted to upgrade to the Storm but she was like don't do it. They got a new BB coming out but she couldn't tell me the name of it. Well I guess this is it. It looks like it has everything that the 8830 didn't have. If you guys had the option to get the Storm or the Tour which one would you get?
    Tour. I never owned the Storm, but everywhere on these forums I see how many Storm owners complain about it and how buggy it is. Tour looks to be the best CDMA BlackBerry.

I don't think he can wait though because he just got the original Storm and has 30 days from the day he got it to decide if he keeps it or takes it back for a Tour.
    07-06-09 10:07 PM
    I was gonna wait but I'm so totally impatient lol. Plus I like to text fast and I don't think a touch screen is gonna satisfy me
    07-06-09 10:28 PM
    Well you like it so far... But the situation is likely to change soon its simple the storms os has too many problems. Don't get me wrong I also love the big screen but again you want a phone that will be reliable in the long run. My suggestion would be to play around with the tour when it comes out
    07-07-09 01:04 AM
    If you like it then do not let what we say sway your opinion too much.
    07-07-09 01:08 AM
    Well I slept on it and definately will be getting the tour. Typing this post was hard enough on the storm lol.

07-07-09 01:49 PM
    I was gonna wait but I'm so totally impatient lol. Plus I like to text fast and I don't think a touch screen is gonna satisfy me
    Yeah well that was my problem. The tour made texting a pain.
    07-07-09 02:01 PM
    Well I slept on it and definately will be getting the tour. Typing this post was hard enough on the storm lol.

I think you'll be more satisfied.. If you text alot for sure you will. The storm was great in media playback like movies but other than that it was just too slow fo rme
    07-07-09 02:02 PM
    So I was looking up the specs and comparing the Tour to the Storm... Only thing that I see that's better is that the Tour as 256mb flash memory... I just bought my Storm about 4 days ago. I am loving it so far (upgraded from curve 8330). The touch screen is different but I am starting to miss the keyboard on my curve... I just love having such a big screen size. Videos look great on this phone. I still have about 25 more days to return the Storm if I want. So I guess I will keep an eye out on reviews and check out a tour myself.

What are some of you other Storm users thinking about doing?
    Do yourself a favor return that POS storm and get a tour. I loved my storm at first, after a few months i despise it more than anything in the world.
    07-07-09 02:15 PM
    Yeah well that was my problem. The tour made texting a pain.
    Blasphemer!!
    07-07-09 02:23 PM
    Do yourself a favor return that POS storm and get a tour. I loved my storm at first, after a few months i despise it more than anything in the world.
    Being from NY originally and a Giants fan myself, I believe you lol. Yeah... I will get my tour next week...

07-07-09 03:07 PM
    I couldn't wait to get my Storm and have been working on getting rid of it ever since November '08! I'll be working for some kind of deal to get the Tour on day 1.
    07-07-09 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD