11-11-09 01:43 PM
30 12
tools
    Wow people think a little!

Does the Tour have a Qualcom processor? YES
    How much memory does the Tour have? 256 same as S2
    Will 5.0 come out for the Tour? YES (betas already leaked)

Based on the three questions and answers above will the Tour support OpenGL? Very likely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    right, the only reason the tour isnt on the list as of now, is because its not 5.0 yet
    11-11-09 11:52 AM
    If I have the money and want to go out and buy the best computer that technology has to offer I can do that. In the smartphone world we can't do that. We are being forced to buy new devices that never give us everything that is available. By doing this they get more money from us each time we upgrade. In the end because we can't buy the best it cost us more. With this announcement that fact came front and center. I think that is what is upsetting so many people.
    11-11-09 12:04 PM
    If I have the money and want to go out and buy the best computer that technology has to offer I can do that. In the smartphone world we can't do that. We are being forced to buy new devices that never give us everything that is available. By doing this they get more money from us each time we upgrade. In the end because we can't buy the best it cost us more. With this announcement that fact came front and center. I think that is what is upsetting so many people.
    Once again though, this is not an "upgrading" issue..

The 9700 is newer than the phones most of us are using right now. It does not support this. GSM phones in general so far don't support this.

You can upgrade to the newest GSM BB out there and still be screwed.
    11-11-09 12:19 PM
    I personally dont think they no what they are talking about... just a hunch but i bet the 9700 and the 9630 will support it.

seriously its all just speculation right now and they shouldn't even be guessing, look what it makes us act like lol
    11-11-09 12:31 PM
    I personally dont think they no what they are talking about... just a hunch but i bet the 9700 and the 9630 will support it.
    The gsm chipset is a problem. The Tour might have a qualcomm chipset, but that doesn't automatically mean it's as new as the S2's, hence the same scenario as the S1, which already has a qualcomm chipset and OS5, yet isn't listed as supported.
    11-11-09 01:43 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD