I got my tour yesterday and to make sure i have all my stuff saved i wanted to back it up. But when i went to back it up i got to the point where it asks if you want it to go to mass storage mode and i click yes and then it says, "error. connection to device has been interrupted". then it just exits out of the back up page.

any help here?
    07-13-09 04:24 PM
    I got my tour yesterday and to make sure i have all my stuff saved i wanted to back it up. But when i went to back it up i got to the point where it asks if you want it to go to mass storage mode and i click yes and then it says, "error. connection to device has been interrupted". then it just exits out of the back up page.

any help here?
    No bugs here...wonderful device.
    IMHO, one of the best BB's I've ever used and/or seen.
    Backs up ok. Check your SW.
    Would do it over in a heartbeat.

Kudos to RIM & Verizon!
    07-13-09 04:26 PM
    i cant wait to play with mine
    07-13-09 04:28 PM
    neither of the above have anything to do with my issue
    07-13-09 04:32 PM
    If you look on the homepage of the Crackberry website, I think he had the same problem. You need to install DM 5.0, which came with the device.
    07-13-09 04:33 PM
    If you look on the homepage of the Crackberry website, I think he had the same problem. You need to install DM 5.0, which came with the device.
    I had two experiences. First, on 4.7, it told me that I had to enable mass storage to get it to back up. Weird, but I did it and it worked.

Then, I upgraded to 5.0 (comes with the phone) and had no problems.
    07-13-09 06:05 PM
    I am having the same problem with my Tour. I've tried to download Desktop 5 from the CD but it freezes in the middle of instillation every time. I went to the BB website to download it and they only have 4.7

With that being said............

Simply put, the Tour is by far, hands down, the best phone I have ever owned. And I go through phones like cupcakes...
    07-15-09 08:19 PM
    I had the same issue but I just clicked no when it asked me if I wanted to switch to mass storage. It worked so I went with it.
    07-16-09 09:04 PM
    if your tour isnt backing up its cause you didnt put it in reverse.
    07-16-09 09:05 PM
    I am having the same problem with my Tour. I've tried to download Desktop 5 from the CD but it freezes in the middle of instillation every time. I went to the BB website to download it and they only have 4.7

With that being said............

Simply put, the Tour is by far, hands down, the best phone I have ever owned. And I go through phones like cupcakes...
    If you're a Verizon customer you can go to www.vzam. Net/blackberry and download 5.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD