During the day I work in an area where there's no verizon coverage (too far underground). There is AT&T coverage through a in building network. Better to turn off the GSM radio (the phone seems to see the At&T network) to save battery life or leave it on? With it off the phone is 'searching for CDMA'.

While on the subject of battery life - how do you see what percent is left?
    07-13-09 11:22 AM
    During the day I work in an area where there's no verizon coverage (too far underground). There is AT&T coverage through a in building network. Better to turn off the GSM radio (the phone seems to see the At&T network) to save battery life or leave it on? With it off the phone is 'searching for CDMA'.

options > status for battery life %
    07-13-09 11:25 AM

On the Storm if you leave the Network Technology on "Global" it will try and connect to the ATT GSM network that seems to penetrate buildings better. Unfortunately connecting to ATT GSM will not give you service and there is a bug in the phone where it will not return to the Verizon CDMA service once you are out of the building and so you will not have coverage until you turn the radio off and back on. Therefore I suggest turning the "Network Technology" option to "1XEV". When I am in a building with no coverage (I spent a lot of time in a lab with no coverage) I just turn my radio off to preserve battery life.

To check battery life go to Options -> Status and it will give you a battery life %.
    07-13-09 11:29 AM
    On the Storm if you leave the Network Technology on "Global" it will try and connect to the ATT GSM network that seems to penetrate buildings better. Unfortunately connecting to ATT GSM will not give you service and there is a bug in the phone where it will not return to the Verizon CDMA service once you are out of the building and so you will not have coverage until you turn the radio off and back on. Therefore I suggest turning the "Network Technology" option to "1XEV". When I am in a building with no coverage (I spent a lot of time in a lab with no coverage) I just turn my radio off to preserve battery life.

To check battery life go to Options -> Status and it will give you a battery life %.

How do you turn just the radio off without turning off the whole device?
    07-13-09 11:33 AM
    How do you turn just the radio off without turning off the whole device?
    Manage Connection and then click the "Mobile Network Off".
    07-13-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD