Hi! I'm a pearl user, this is my first post and possibly updating to a new BB soon...

Does the Tour have features that my pearl does not?

Some of you say that there's a lag? What do you mean by that?

Is the trackball smaller than on the pearl?

Are you able to connect to youtube and all the popular websites?

At least one post said the bluetooth connection is fuzzy.

How often do these issues happen?

Thanks for answering any of my questions!
    10-15-09 06:56 AM
    Hi! I'm a pearl user, this is my first post and possibly updating to a new BB soon...

Does the Tour have features that my pearl does not?

Some of you say that there's a lag? What do you mean by that?

Is the trackball smaller than on the pearl?

Are you able to connect to youtube and all the popular websites?

How often do these issues happen?

Thanks for answering any of my questions!
    1. Yes. It does. More memory being the biggest thing. It also has a higher resolution screen and longer batter life. And not to mention a FULL qwerty keyboard.

2. I personally do not have any lag at all with my tour. And I do not know many people who have said that they have any lag at all. Except for those who have upgraded to a leaked OS.

3. I don't think the trackball is exactly smaller, but it is recessed farther down in the phone than any of the other blackberries.

4. Yes, you can connect to any of the popular websites including youtube. There is a mobile website for youtube as well as an app for it in the app store.

5. I haven't had any problems with bluetooth so far. Of all the times I have used my bluetooth headset, I have never had anyone tell me I sound fuzzy, or have I had any problems hearing them.

6. I haven't really had these issues, so I really can't answer that question!

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions feel free to send me a pin!!:
    30D9DDF7

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 08:54 AM
    I switched from a Pearl to a Tour 2 weeks ago. I loved my Pearl, but the Tour is a much better phone. Some of the differences are major, some are more subtle. The differences are significant enough to warrant the upgrade. I would do it again.
    10-15-09 10:28 AM
    I, too, converted from a happy Pearl user to (an even happier) Tour user.

I can weigh in on the lag issue - I get it every once in a while where the screen will freeze for a few seconds, but then it just picks right up like it should. And I'm not running anything other than official OS releases from Sprint (currently 4.7.0.57, if memory serves)... The lag certainly doesn't happen with any frequency (my Pearl had MUCH worse problems, due mostly to the lack of memory and my memory leak)... I'd say once every few days, and it really doesn't affect me. The phone itself is solid and a pleasure to use after using the Pearl for two years. The keyboard is fantastic, just expect to spend a LITTLE time getting used to full QWERTY from the Pearl's SureType.

All in all, the Tour is a fantastic device and I wouldn't trade it for anything else out there right now.

Good luck.

(Also in the suburbs of NYC! Are you North, West, or East?)
    10-15-09 10:49 AM
    Thank you for all your responses! All very helpful.

I'm in Westchester County, NY. I know where to go if I need any help.

Thanks again!
    10-15-09 08:47 PM

There are real Bluetooth problems with the Tour and the 4.7.1.40 stock OS it ships with. The issue is not fuzziness but that your voice through the Bluetooth is very faint; so faint as to make it unusable. It doesn't happen on all Bluetooth headsets and is most common with in-car setups, but it is real.

As far as I know, the issue is fixed in the latest software updates BUT Verizon has not gotten their head out of their *** long enough to release an official update. The Bluetooth issue will persist for Verizon customers until they do.
    10-16-09 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD