I have had the Tour since launch with VZW July 12th and While I know I don't have an absulutly perfect Tour from what I have been reading in this forum it seems that with all the numerous complaints people say they have it would seem that the Tour 9630 is the worst BB ever, even worse than the Storm.

Now the Newbie questions I can handle and understand as this is my 4th BB but I just can't believe that people are having so many complaints and even the ones the say oh I took mine back and am on my 3rd exchange.

What does everyone else think about all this? Just curious and kind of a mini-poll.

PS... Keep in mind for the people disagreeing... I am in favor of the Tour as a positive, not negative, I love it and can put up with a very few minor distubances until and updat5e to the OS comes out, Thats all!

The title of this post was meant to be sarcastic by the way with me being in favor of the tour in every way so read the post correctly before YOU post about the title PLEASE!!
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 08-11-09 at 11:44 AM.
    08-10-09 05:43 PM
    everyone is in a rush to have RIM put out the newest bb....now that is comes out and is less than perfect.....the complaints start.....i usually never buy a phone on launch day....always wait about 4-6 months in order to purchase it....gives everyone time to work the kinks out.....just take this as a lesson......next time wait for awhile....then purchase......i just hate the fact that everyone is "C'Mon RIM...lets get that phone" now the forums are clogged up with people complaining about it.....everyone knows that software is sketchy at first.....be patient....work with your dealers......and try to enjoy having something that some people can't afford in the economic times that we are in......stop being so pessimistic and be happy that you can afford it and wait for the updates to make the device a better living experience.....
    08-10-09 05:51 PM
    Well as a former storm owner I don't think there are near as many complaints about the tour.

Personally I think the Tour trumps the storm in every single category, with the exception in screen size of course.

But this forum there will always be more complaints being posted than good things. When things are going good no body looks for answers that aren't being asked.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 05:52 PM
    Yeah, have you never used a storm?
    08-10-09 05:55 PM
    this is nothing like the storm.
    08-10-09 05:57 PM
    People have to have something to complain about. No matter how perfect RIM thinks a device is there will something for people to gripe about. But with some of the problems you read about here some would be better off with a jitter bug.

Last edited by ERed; 08-10-09 at 06:03 PM.
    08-10-09 05:59 PM
    I'd have to disagree. Sorry.

08-10-09 06:01 PM
    I don't doubt some of the defects... But this forum magnifies the QTY.

Mine rocks - hands down the best BB out there.

08-10-09 06:07 PM
    I am a first time BB user, and I got the Tour a couple weeks after it came out around here, and I have not a single bad thing to say about it. Granted, I have nothing to compare it to in the world of BB's, but this one has me sold- I'll be a BB user for life. Sure, I have issues with reception I didn't have on my LG Env, but I am willing to overlook that since it does soooo much more.
    You know how human nature is- people tend to focus on negative rather than positive, and they will ALWAYS find something to gripe about. Especially on an internet forum like this. A lot of the negative posts on here are actually just technical issues that people have because they are either 1) unfamiliar with smart phone operations 2) think they can be masters at using it without reading instructions or actually taking the time to learn it by USING it, or 3) are clueless about not only phone ops but computer use, filetypes, and settings...after all, this thing is just a tiny portable PC/laptop! It's way beyond just a phone.
    I'm willing to bet that some of the people who bit** about the Tour have also crashed their home computers or have no idea how to even run a defrag.
    Granted, some of the issues (loose battery doors and to a certain degree screen ripple) are issues with manufacturing, and even fewer can be attributed to faulty software, but isn't this pretty much what any mass-produced electronic device is going to have??
    I thought my trackball was faulty, but after messing with the sensitivity settings, it works like a charm.
    So, I think the people who tend to post on boards such as this can sometimes slant towards the negative, since they are (after all) on here looking for a solution to a problem. Just like CNN, it's better to report crappy news than good news.
    08-10-09 06:07 PM
    I've had mine since launch date....and it works perfectly.
    08-10-09 06:15 PM
    My phone rocks, i have to disagree with you.
    08-10-09 06:16 PM
    I use storm and the tour.

Tour>>>Storm.
    08-10-09 06:28 PM
    I got my Tour yesterday and it replaces the 8330. I am very pleased with it so far. The battery door is tight. I have no trackball issues and the web browing is far and away faster than the 8330. I adapted fairtly quickly to the small keys. I still wish BB would have a calculator similar to the one found in Palm 700p. It was a multifunctional calculator and very useful. Sometimes I think these forums become a podium for the negatives.
    08-10-09 06:32 PM
    My phone rocks, i have to disagree with you.
    I had the storm 5 of them and finally was able to trade up to the tour. The tour that I have has been great. I could not have been happier.

08-10-09 06:32 PM
    I can deal with the screen ripple and the loose battery cover. The thing that bothers me is the trackball not scrolling left to right like it's supposed to and the muffled sound. Other than that, I can deal with the long boot times and such. So, I'm getting my 3rd one in a few days.
    08-10-09 06:33 PM
    My wife has been waiting for the tour since it rumored and was using a curve that was pretty great but the sound quality of voice calls was getting worse over time.. was really just worn out. Now she is on her second tour that seemed great at first until the trackball decided not to work when moving horizontally regardless of the sensitivity setting. No big deal, got a new one and it was working great until about 3 days ago when the trackball contracted the same disease the original one had and then the speaker stopped working. it will work if I tap on it periodically but gets very scratchy sounding. As far as the rest of the device goes, it is beautiful and the screen and speed are awesome. It feels much better in your hands when typing than the storm. I hope they get it right. I have long been a loyal bb user and loved the reliability of their devices but after purchasing the storm which continues to have problems regardless of the software updating and the constant memory cleaning as well as battery pulling (drives me freakin' crazy), I find it very disappointing that the tour is so glitchy too. I just want a device that works like it's supposed to. Going to get #3 today, will update later.
    Last edited by fordtod; 08-10-09 at 06:38 PM.
    08-10-09 06:34 PM
    Seriously disagree-sorry. The tour has some minor issues-most are manufacturing issues, and the rest can be fixed with sw upgrades. No big deal. The iphone has more issues than my tour.

08-10-09 06:34 PM
    You are always going to hear the vocal minority on an internet forum.

I got mine on day 1 and its been perfect. No issues. Its the best BB I've owned and I've had several. Storm is the worst I gave that back after two weeks and I really wanted to love it

08-10-09 06:37 PM
    Waiting on my third Tour in the mail.

My current device has a yellowish tint to the display and the trackball is horrible.. you can even tell by looking at it that's its a bit crooked and not mounted in the middle.
    08-10-09 06:43 PM
    There's no perfectly made Tour. I've had 3 Tours myself and some battery doors are tighter than others, but regardless of what some say, there are on Tours with battery doors that don't move at all. I've seen at least 4-5 Tours other than mine and all wiggle at least a tiny bit. You can exchange and exchange and exchange hoping to find a perfect one, but I don't think you're going to find it.

I think some people come on here and say they have a perfect one that has a battery door that doesn't move or one with a keyboard in which no light comes through or whatever just to make themselves believe it a little more.

Just my two cents.
    08-10-09 06:45 PM
    oh no that sux. i like the tour
    08-10-09 06:47 PM
    bought the Storm on 1st day & had problems from the start. finally i turned it in and got the Curve. Haven't had a problem and very hesitant on gettubg the Tour. I figure I can wait until a better OS and Plaszmic releases the developer kit.
    08-10-09 06:59 PM
    The only issue that I have with the phone is the fact that the browser is slower than my storm. With a few upgrades I would say that it could be one of the better BBs out there, although I believe that honor still is the Bold.

08-10-09 07:05 PM
    I owned a 8330 and 9000. Tour beats them both in my opinion. In if you live in the States, Verizon is the best network hands down.
    08-10-09 07:07 PM
    Here is my opinion...I am by no means a no it all...but I know a lot more than the casual user. I have owned around 35 cell phones thus far...and now I have the Tour, I can arguably agree that the Tour is the best BB to date Feature Wise...But currently, down right usability is another story.

I recently had the Nextel BB 8350i...the only other BB I had was the Curve w/AT&T (when it first came out 2007 I believe).The tour has the best looking screen the best features(3G Global 4.7 s/w etc.) other than the missing wifi.

The curve was my favorite when it came to usability, I liked the trackball and the down right dependability, and I also like how it felt in my hand. Even though it was a new launch it seemed less buggy that the Tour has been.

Since the intro of the it iPhone seems like many manufacturers have scrambled to get devices out there that can surpass or even compete with the iPhone...yet nothing IMO has yet. If Rim gets the issues out for the tour that addresses everything (software) I think it will be the best competitor yet.

Some companies seem to fully test out their equipment much better before being launched and sold to the public...it seems other companies like Rim these days seem to use the geeks and everyday users to be their quality control. The Tour was supposed to be a fully complete launch not a soft launch (like the storm) and was assumed to be rock solid from the get go,but obviously that has not been the case.

I think the Tour is a really good phone...I think it has potential to be a great phone if the signal and other minuscule issues are corrected. I just think it's a sad too see people like myself as a guinea pig for a devise that is so revered.
    Last edited by scott5626; 08-10-09 at 07:21 PM.
    08-10-09 07:12 PM
190 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD