Tour users were scheduled to get maintenance release (v4.7.1.53(B105) on 9/16
    However, this release is not approved and is postponed.
    Tour users will be able to upgrade their software once its been approved.

Background:
    On Friday 9/18, at 4 pm ET, the unapproved software 4.7.1.53 (B105) was incorrectly loaded into the WebSL system for Verizon Wireless customers to upgrade their devices. On Saturday 9/19, at 11:15 am ET, the error was discovered and the software was removed from the WebSL system. During this period approximately 6,879 customers received notification that a new software version was available to upgrade their devices, and 5,968 customers completed the software upgrade.

Next Steps:
    A communication will be distributed when the Tour MR1 software upgrade is officially approved. These customers will be notified and will be able to upgrade to the approved version with the Tour general population.

Issue Scope/Impact Details:

Issue: Tour MR1 software update was incorrectly posted to WebSL system only, OTASL patches were NOT posted.
    Duration: 19 hours. Tour MR1 incorrectly posted from 4pm EST 9/18 (Friday) to 11:15am EST 9/19 (Saturday).
    Impact: 6,879 email notifications of new software version were automatically sent
    Impact: 5,968 users completed software update
    Impact: Total of 7,817 Verizon Tour users running this 4.7.1 B105 software (Approx. 1,849 users updated via leaked software prior to this issue)

Just so everyone is aware.
    pkcable if you want to double this to the Tour Forum thats fine.

Just remember everyone if you do decide to dl and install this software do so at YOUR OWN RISK!
    Happy Touring!
    09-24-09 07:25 AM
    Ah you beat me!
    09-24-09 07:42 AM
    HA HA!
    muah we love you anyway!
    09-24-09 07:51 AM
    Thx for the info

Also copied thread to the Tour section.......

So no reporting Duplicate threads. I made it that way lol
    09-24-09 07:54 AM
    *BIG thumbs up*

Thaaaats what I'm here for!
    09-24-09 07:55 AM
    this is pretty interesting. thanks for the info
    09-24-09 08:02 AM
    they knew that people updated with a leaked version????
    09-24-09 08:23 AM
    they knew that people updated with a leaked version????
    Yes, because they accidentally posted the leaked version to download. They only need to check how many people downloaded it from their server.
    09-24-09 09:05 AM
    So does anyone know why it was pulled? or was it just not approved?

I had .53 running for a few days from RIM and it worked fine.
    09-24-09 10:44 AM
    What's the creditability of the OP? Where did this info come from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 10:49 AM
    What's the creditability of the OP? Where did this info come from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Let's just say the credit from the OP is good. Outage info, system issues. and update on OS updates....

I would say pretty valid if you ask me.... Other details might have not or will not be release to public....
    09-24-09 10:51 AM
    Wow...when it was "official" I just plugged my BB into DM and it put it on there. Updated my replacement last night and it didn't. Guess this makes sense why.
    09-24-09 10:54 AM
    Yes, because they accidentally posted the leaked version to download. They only need to check how many people downloaded it from their server.
    I don't understand. I downloaded the leaked version (as I believe most others had), from Megadownload. Are you saying that each download was somehow being tracked by Verizon? At no point did it ask what carrier i was on.

I would tend to believe that a more likely scenario is that when the message for the wireless update went out, it came back to Verizon with a number of responses stating that the device had the updated software on it.
    09-24-09 11:16 AM
    Any idea as to when .53 will be approved and re-released?
    09-24-09 11:23 AM
    There is no way Verizon can track the number of downloads from the 'leaked' version. Too many different sources. I would be very interested to know where the numbers came from (unless the BB phone home with it's version number, but then again, how to diferentiate leaked VS official).
    09-24-09 02:09 PM
    its probably very easy for verizon to figure out how many were downloaded through leaks. if they can tell what fones are running what OS versions all they would have to do is take the amount of people that downloaded it from them and subtract that from the amount of people who have the OS
    09-24-09 02:14 PM
    Thanks for the good info heather.law. I upgraded mine after it came up in DM when I happened to connect for some other reason. I upgraded and have had no problems and it seems like the memory is more stable (less leakiness). I am curious why it was pulled or never meant to be released, though. Any light that could be shed on that would be appreciated.
    09-24-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD