I was yelling into my phone and callers couldn't hear me. Quickpull fixed it. Is this normal? Should I take it back?
    07-18-09 12:19 AM
    No one? It's a legitimate question.
    07-19-09 03:41 PM
    First, are you sure that you didn't accidently put the phone on mute? It's easy to do without knowing it because the mute "button" is on the top right-corner of the phone's housing and is so lightly marked that it's difficult to see. I know that it's possible because I keep accidentally locking my keyboard (the "button" for that is on the top left-corner of the housing).

Quickpull would have turned off mute, which is why your phone is now working (if it was accidentally put on mute).

If it happens again and you're sure that you didn't accidently hit the mute area, then I would exchange the phone.

Hope this helps.
    07-19-09 03:50 PM
    That happened to me once and I know I didn't mute the phone. All I did to fix it was press the mute button twice in a row. I haven't had it happen since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 03:54 PM
    There is a problem with the new Tour. Anytime when you hold the phone with the mic pointing sideways or up no one will be able to hear you.
    The only way the mic works correctly is when it is pointed straight down.
    Verizon techs at my store confirmed the problem.
    07-26-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD