what should the min memory be on my tour. I like to install apps but wanna know is there is a certain level i should keep my memory at. thanks
    09-29-09 12:43 PM
    what should the min memory be on my tour. I like to install apps but wanna know is there is a certain level i should keep my memory at. thanks
    you can go as low as 10 and still have a perfact running Tour.
    09-29-09 12:50 PM
    To get that low it seems you would have to load a very large number of apps. I have maybe 30 apps running and I am at 77 megabytes after a full day of running.

-frank
    09-29-09 12:54 PM
    I'm hoping someone here can help me better understand memory.

I look at my memory and it says Application Memory 74.0MB
    Media Card
    Total Space: 1.8 GB
    Free Space: 495.2 MB

My tour seems slow. I don't have much on there.
    I get that little black box with the clock all the time.

I was just about to get a bigger SD card. But I don't think I have that much stuff on it.

Any help in better understanding this would be helpful.
    10-04-09 11:51 PM
    I'm hoping someone here can help me better understand memory.

I look at my memory and it says Application Memory 74.0MB
    Media Card
    Total Space: 1.8 GB
    Free Space: 495.2 MB

My tour seems slow. I don't have much on there.
    I get that little black box with the clock all the time.

I was just about to get a bigger SD card. But I don't think I have that much stuff on it.

Any help in better understanding this would be helpful.
    Alt+shift+h and what's your uptime? I reboot mine every 3-4 days just to keep it running at peak efficiency and keep the clock away.

As for the OP, I'd probably stay over 20mb or so just to have a little buffer between normal running memory level and where it starts deleting things like call logs, texts, etc to try freeing up more memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-05-09 at 12:31 AM.
    10-05-09 12:27 AM
    215655 Is my uptime.

10-05-09 07:47 AM
    Alt+shift+h and what's your uptime? I reboot mine every 3-4 days just to keep it running at peak efficiency and keep the clock away.

As for the OP, I'd probably stay over 20mb or so just to have a little buffer between normal running memory level and where it starts deleting things like call logs, texts, etc to try freeing up more memory.

My uptime says 222400 secs
    What is 'Uptime'

Also. Do you know what it means where it says App version: 4.7.1.40(77)
    10-05-09 09:42 AM
    My uptime says 222400 secs
    What is 'Uptime'

Also. Do you know what it means where it says App version: 4.7.1.40(77)
    Uptime is the amount of time since your phone has been reset (rebooted). Pull your battery out for about 30 seconds and then put it back in. This will probably help the sluggishness of the phone. I do a battery pull every few days just to get things back in order.

App. version is the version of the operating software on your tour. 4.7.1.40 is the latest official software available.
    10-05-09 09:51 AM
    a 2G card is enough memory to run 25 apps and have a phone full of pics and the video messages that people fw and it still runs well. This is speaking from experience. When I first got the phone I loaded it with as many apps that I could afford at the time. I was told that if you plan on downloading movies the you should go to something like a 8G or bigger.
    10-05-09 10:00 AM
    My 'Uptime' says 14559 and my memory is at 112812709 bytes, that good?
    10-05-09 10:05 AM
    Uptime is the amount of time since your phone has been reset (rebooted). Pull your battery out for about 30 seconds and then put it back in. This will probably help the sluggishness of the phone. I do a battery pull every few days just to get things back in order.

App. version is the version of the operating software on your tour. 4.7.1.40 is the latest official software available.
    Thank you.
    Do you know what the (77) means?

With a battery pull. Is alt +[right] shift + delete the same thing as a battery pull?

and my re boots typically take a few minutes (7-11) ... this is very frustrating. Any help with that.
    10-05-09 10:06 AM
    Adding a memory card will do little to help you in terms of speed or free memory if the one you have now is not full. All apps and email run out of the device memory which is not upgradeable.

A device uptime of longer then about 4 days is generally a reason to reboot. So if your uptime is longer then 60sec * 60minutes *24 hours * 4 days = 345,600 then you might want to reboot. The reboot time is very long for sure and until you go to OS 5 and up there is little you can do to help that. Going to 4.7.1.53 improved mine to about 5 minutes.

But 4.7.1.53 has only been released by a vendor in East Asia at this time so there is a process described elsewhere on the site as to how to install it. OS 5 is a beta that has been leaked and is also described elsewhere.

A way to avoid the waiting for reboots is to use a program called Quick Pull Lite which is free and you can schedule it to reboot your phone at night so that it is fresh in the morning. The only problem you might have is that it does not run if the phone is locked so if your phone auto locks after some period of time this will not work for you.

-frank
    10-05-09 10:35 AM

Adding a memory card will do little to help you in terms of speed or free memory if the one you have now is not full. All apps and email run out of the device memory which is not upgradeable.

A device uptime of longer then about 4 days is generally a reason to reboot. So if your uptime is longer then 60sec * 60minutes *24 hours * 4 days = 345,600 then you might want to reboot. The reboot time is very long for sure and until you go to OS 5 and up there is little you can do to help that. Going to 4.7.1.53 improved mine to about 5 minutes.

But 4.7.1.53 has only been released by a vendor in East Asia at this time so there is a process described elsewhere on the site as to how to install it. OS 5 is a beta that has been leaked and is also described elsewhere.

A way to avoid the waiting for reboots is to use a program called Quick Pull Lite which is free and you can schedule it to reboot your phone at night so that it is fresh in the morning. The only problem you might have is that it does not run if the phone is locked so if your phone auto locks after some period of time this will not work for you.

-frank
    Will do Great!
    10-05-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD