Well, I've had my ups and downs with Blackberry's lately. I started working for Verizon in June of 2008, and this gave me the chance to try the latest and greatest with the phones. I started with the Voyager and quickly moved myself into a Samsung i760.

I had them until December, which is when I upgraded to the Storm. Not the best choice at the time. I went through 3 of them, and then gave up and went to a Curve. The Curve was a great phone, and yet, I missed the WinMo platform. So I got myself a Samsung Saga and traded my i760 on Craigslist for an Omnia. After going between those 2 phones for a few months, I figured that I should go back to a BB.

So around June, I traded an older XV6900 for a Curve on CL and attempted it again. I loved it...it just worked out better than before. I then became excited for the Tour because the Curve worked so well. This is where it all went wrong.

The very first Tour had a trackball issue right outside the box. After an exchange, well, 6 exchanges, I am now on my current one. From bad trackballs to keys juyst falling off, I am just not happy. The new software works well (.53), but now the trackball is getting weird again just like the first one I had. This was also the new "green dot" version.

Up until today, I gave RIM the benefit of the doubt and just ignored the issues, but the newest BB's are just not manufactured like they used to. I kid you not, but I never had a single hardware issue with any of my WinMo phones. The Storm 2 was on my radar, but I just feel like RIM isn't putting out quality anymore. And working at a VZW store helps see that.

I hope the Storm 2 is something better than what we have now. It's either that, or back to a WinMo phone for me. That Touch Pro 2 looks kinda nice...
    09-21-09 09:24 PM
    WinMo phones have skyfire

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 09:33 PM
    WinMo phones have skyfire

that was another added perk...atleast until BB gets it
    09-21-09 09:53 PM
    And I too am wondering if I should go back to a WiMo device.

Tour #2.
    09-21-09 09:55 PM
    And I too am wondering if I should go back to a WiMo device.

Tour #2.
    I'm about to be on Tour #2 Weds.
    09-21-09 11:02 PM
    I think I may return to winmo when version 7 comes out..

There might even be an iPhone this time next year on VZW. If that's the case then I will definitely swap the tour for one of those

09-21-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD