An icon "Wireless Update" appeared on my Home Screen. I decided, sure, what type of harm could an update do? My phone updated to 4.7.1.61

Well, my loads takes longer, the pages freeze up, and pictures posted on forums appear stretched out.

It's bugging the crap out of me. I need my phone back to normal. What do I do?
    Last edited by KabawL; 11-27-09 at 02:45 PM.
    11-27-09 02:18 PM
    did you do a battery pull after the update?
    11-27-09 02:21 PM
    Upgrade to 5.0. Simple as that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 02:24 PM
    did you do a battery pull after the update?
    Nah, I never needed to do that before w/my Tour. I bought the Tour the day it came out; Never had a problem until this update (first time I ever updated by the way). With my Curve, I did have to use the Battery Pull/Quick Pull daily.
    11-27-09 02:29 PM
    Upgrade to 5.0. Simple as that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How? and do I have to save my pics/videos/etc? I dont want to lose anything. I didnt lose anything while updating.
    11-27-09 02:30 PM
    You updated the OS. I think a batter pull would be a good idea. Heck most apps require a battery pull.
    11-27-09 02:30 PM
    Alright, I'll give it a try.

What do you have your "Browser Configuration's" set to to get the best out of your browsing capabilities? Same with the "General Properties" or anything else I should know.

Thanks for the quick replys.
    11-27-09 02:41 PM
    Without getting overly technical, why is it that the OS needs so many battery pulls anyway?

Philly explained it nicely on a different post, about the phone's system software basically 'normalizing' in how it uses files, etc. in memory... which does make sense to me, since I related it to how a PC hard-drive tends to get fragmented depending on use of course.

Is the OS's use of files, memory, apps., and all that basically the same idea?

As far as popular apps. like Google Maps, Google Voice, various popular weather apps, I've never had a problem nor have needed to do a battery pull after loading 1 app for instance.

Could the problem be that some older apps. perhaps just don't work well for whatever reason, with the new RIM OS's like 5.0 (leaked or non-leaked), or even 4.7 for that matter?

Jeez!
    11-27-09 03:56 PM
    I have run into the same problem. I had no issues with my phone until I did the update. Now my phone lags bad! And after taking my phone off the charger my battery is half dead within a short period of time, even after not using the phone at all. I have done a battery pull many times and it doesn't help. I'm really irritated! I NEED HELP!
    11-27-09 07:41 PM
    I think its safe to say that updates, for whatever reason, reacts differently with every person's phone. No rhyme or reason!?#@ It should NOT be this way, but after reading so many posts, and diff. "symptons" that their phones have. I call it a coin toss. Good luck.
    11-27-09 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD