i like the whole phone especially the keyboard
    09-16-09 02:58 PM
    It sounds like a lot of you are master typists on the Tour. Other than to keep practicing, any hints on increasing speed and accuracy? Those that came from the rounded, well spaced keys of the Curve, how did you make the leap to be a good typist since there is such a difference in keyboards? Thanks.
    09-16-09 07:14 PM
    when I was on my 8900, I spent about 11 days doing this:
    BlackBerry Thumb Touch Typist Guide (Typing 60 WPM without looking!) - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    it definitely improved my typing speed and helped me get better. seems stupid/corny at first but it worked for me.
    09-16-09 07:51 PM
    I have gone from HTC Touch, to Pearl, to Curve and now to the Tour. I love the Tour! Once I adjusted my Keyrate to "Normal" I quit typing like a fool in RANDOM upper and lower case!

I am going to be putting in my time with the BB Thumb Touch Typist Guide!!
    09-16-09 09:58 PM
    Personally speaking, I enjoy the Tour's keyboard. That said, I will admit that it took some adjusting as I came from an LG Voyager that had a pretty spacious keyboard. Now, I zoom when I'm typing a message.
    09-16-09 10:05 PM
    I hated the Curve keyboard; the absolute main reason I had wanted the Tour since the early spring was due to the keyboard resemblance to the World Edition
    09-17-09 12:28 AM
    Back in the day, I used to have one of those old Treo smartphones, and I got really really good at typing on it. After that phone I went to the flip phones cause no one at that time (outside the business world) had a smartphone (they all thought it was a gameboy or something! lol)
    Since getting my Tour (2.5 weeks) my typing speed has increased dramatically. I can type ridiculously fast now on my Tour. I LOVE this keyboard. It would be a little bit nicer if the keyboard was just a tad bit bigger, but overall I'm throughly satisfied with it. I FLY on this thing.
    I'm kinda interested in trying that blackberry thumb touch typist guide tho...
    09-17-09 01:08 AM
    Most people seem to be saying they like the keys on the tour better, and others that it just took time to get used to them.

I still find this keyboard harder to use. I liked the feeling of seperation between the keys. It made it easier for me to type without looking at the keys and I had less mistakes. The "sliding" between keys that people seem to love is the biggest part of my problem.

Just me I guess.
    09-17-09 01:58 AM
    i like the whole phone especially the keyboard
    this is the truth!
    09-17-09 03:13 AM
    When I gave my 8900 to my daughter and took up the Tour I really didn't like the keyboard that much. It felt squishy to me and I had touble "finding" the buttons with my thumbs. Now, 2 months later my daughter finally decides to activate her 8900 and I help her get it set up. Wow, what a cheap feeling keyboard the 8900 has! I loved it once but no more.
    Those that have given up their Tours and went back to the 8330, what will you do now? Get the 8530? It kinda looks like this keyboard will be on all the higher end devices, at least for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 03:35 AM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD