Has anyone gone from the Curve to the Tour, and if so, how was the learning curve/adjustment to the Tour's keyboard?

I have played around with the Tour's keyboard in the VZ store, and it really is different than what I'm used to. I know BGR called it the best Blackberry keyboard ever, but has anyone ever wished the keyboard was more similar to the Curve design? Or is it one of those instances where after a week of using it, you got assimilated and now it is second nature?

I like the Tour (and upcoming Tour2), but if adjusting to the non-spaced keyboard caused anyone considerable grief, I think I'll go with the new Curve 8530, even though it's a "lesser" device.

Thanks for your opinions.
    12-10-09 08:44 AM
    It takes a week or so to get used to. Then chances are you will like it more then the plasticky spaced out curve keys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 08:47 AM
    It takes a week or so to get used to. Then chances are you will like it more then the plasticky spaced out curve keys.

+1

Just takes some getting used to, after using mine for a month and then playing around with my old curve I decided that the Tour keyboard is 100X better. Once you get used to the keys, you feel the angles on the keys which make it much easier to feel which key you are on.
    12-10-09 08:52 AM
    It only took a few days and now its much better than the curve was, looks 100 times better as well

12-10-09 08:53 AM
    I had to get used to the curve, coming from a moto q9m.....I think the tour is like the moto, which had a great keyboard....like anything, I assume it takes some getting used to.....
    12-10-09 08:56 AM
    It took me like a week or so, but the Tour keyboard is much nicer. It doesn't have the "clicking" sound of the keys like the Curve keyboard does, and the buttons just feel softer when you press them. It's really an excelent keyboard, you won't be disapointed...

And if you are, you've got 30 days to swap it out for that 8530!
    12-10-09 09:06 AM
    Took me a day or two to really get used to it, but honestly there's no comparison anymore. The Tour keyboard is excellent.
    12-10-09 09:18 AM
    I could do better "no-look" typing with the curve. I prefer the 8900 keyboard. Its a mix of both worlds.

12-10-09 09:21 AM
    It only took a few hours for me to get used to it. I liked it much better from the second it was activated. I don't think you will have any problems getting used to it.
    12-10-09 09:25 AM
    I went from the curve to the tour and I like the tour better myself. Lol. I just put on keyboard sound to on for the first time and its making me insane! Lol. Very annoying! Otherwise, I love this keyboard.

12-10-09 09:28 AM
    Took me a day or two to really get used to it, but honestly there's no comparison anymore. The Tour keyboard is excellent.
    +1
    I agree
    12-10-09 09:47 AM
    I didn't like the curve keyboard at all. The Tour one if unique because the keys are raised so your fingers fit better when typing. Its way better than the curve!!
    12-10-09 09:58 AM
    I have a Tour and my wife has the Curve and she likes my keyboard better than hers.
    12-10-09 12:10 PM
    I can now text and message all I want during meetings and no one can hear me! Typing without looking is easier for me. The keys press a little "heavier" than the curve, but overall I'd say it's a vast improvement.
    12-10-09 12:28 PM
    I have had my tour for almost a week now. Had the curve8330. Love the tour. I too looked at the curve 8530, it feels so cheap.
    Got used to the keyboard in hours.

12-10-09 12:56 PM
    I recently upgraded from a Curve 8330 to a Tour and it is really easy to get use to. I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. Just enjoy!
    12-10-09 01:27 PM
    The Tour keyboard is second only to the 9000. Its awesome.

The 9000 has more space but the design is virtually identical.

12-10-09 05:46 PM
    Tours keyboard is way better than the curves you have to play with it for a few days but when you get use to it, it is a lot better especially compared to the 8520 keyboard, that keyboard is a lot stiffer than older curves

The Tour keyboard is second only to the 9000. Its awesome.

The 9000 has more space but the design is virtually identical.

Agree best blackberry keyboard
    Last edited by l3lueberry; 12-10-09 at 07:22 PM.
    12-10-09 07:18 PM
    The Tour keyboard doesn't fit me as well due to the key spacing, I like the spacing on the Curve better. But the feel...oh my gosh, the feel on the Tour is 100x better than the Curve! Sometimes I press on a key too long because I don't realize that I've already pushed the key, but its a good keyboard. Give it a try

12-10-09 07:28 PM
    Moved from 8330 to Tour and the kb is vastly superior on the Tour IMO. Barely even a learning curve for me either.
    12-10-09 09:17 PM
    I have to say having used both the 8330 and now the Tour, I like the Tour keyboard much better. I just did not care much for the space between the keys on the Curve.

12-10-09 10:20 PM
    i remember when i was using my bold and went to the 8520 for about two weeks to get a feel for the trackpad, and those keys were killing me, and my first berry was an 8900 and i was addicted to that thing and loved it until getting my hands on the bold for the first time. so im sure you will adjust nicely to the tour, and get a new found addiction to your blackberry because of the keyboard.
    12-10-09 10:32 PM
    I have a tour and my company just sent me a 8330 curve for replacment of a 8830 we, go figure that out, anyway the curve feels so cheap, shame on rim for that thing. It remind's me of a phone fisher price made "my first smart phone".
    "The Blackberry tour is the truth!!!!!!!

12-10-09 10:40 PM
    I have a tour and my company just sent me a 8330 curve for replacment of a 8830 we, go figure that out, anyway the curve feels so cheap, shame on rim for that thing. It remind's me of a phone fisher price made "my first smart phone".

The Curve is a great starter smartphone, I liked mine allot I just like the Tour better, but you are right the 8330 does feel allot like a toy

12-10-09 10:53 PM

man you got hosed to go from the 8830 WE to a curve, man thats rough lol
    12-10-09 11:14 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD