Hello,

I have been a Palm Treo then a Storm user and recently changed to a Tour.

I love the Tour but I have a queston.

What is the purpose of the shape of the Tour keyboard? I am having a bit of a learning curve getting use to it.

I thought if someone could explain the purpose of the shape of the keys I could adapt a little quicker.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks!
    ps Love CB!
    07-30-09 09:29 PM
    If you mean how they stick out, I think it's to make it easier typing with your thumbs. It took me a few hours of texting to get used to it, and I LOVE the keyboard now. Like I type not with the tip of my thumbs on this keyboard, but rather kind of top/middle if you can picture it. I like it.
    07-30-09 09:51 PM
    Thanks Willyg44
    07-30-09 10:05 PM
    Comfort, and most of all to give you a choice. Blackberry's have the widest range of keyboard styles of any smartphone manufacturer out there. Probably for good reason. Personally I can't stand the feel of the keyboard on the curve line but love the keyboard feel on the 8830, tour and bold.
    07-30-09 10:08 PM
    I love the keboard. It took me a week or so to get use to it after having the Storm for 7 months, but it's awesome now.
    07-30-09 10:12 PM
    Yea mine took me a little while to get down too but I love. Feels so much better than the curve
    07-30-09 10:13 PM
    The more I use it the more I am getting use to it. I can see how it is shaped to hit your thumbs.

At first I kept hitting the key next to the one I was targeting.

The tour is the best smart phone I have ever used.
    07-30-09 10:25 PM
    Are u meaning the way the keys are all in a rainboe line or the buttons themselves I prefer the space between all keys but I don't want he new curve that's gona be coming out it already seems like a cheap build

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 01:01 AM
    the keys have been raised slightly..its suppose to make typing easier..i personally lobe the keyboard on the tour.
    07-31-09 01:13 AM
    yeah if you're gonna make the keys that small, the slightly angled keys (based on which side of the keyboard they're on to make it easier for that side's thumb to hit) works real well . . . since it's easier to hit them from the angle where your thumb is coming from than straight from the top.
    07-31-09 11:48 AM
    speaking of the keyboard..how can i make my enter button to make me send text messages instead of hitten the trackball twice or goin to the menu button and hit send?
    09-17-09 02:19 PM
    I think the Bolds keyboard is the best physical keyboard ever made (the Tour uses the same keyboard as the Bold)
    09-17-09 02:36 PM
    speaking of the keyboard..how can i make my enter button to make me send text messages instead of hitten the trackball twice or goin to the menu button and hit send?
    that would be WONDERFUL...i've gotten too used to hitting enter in BBM that I always end up doin it in an sms
    09-17-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD