I have had my Tour for about 3 months now after having the Storm for 7 months (epic failure there). My Tour has been randomly restarting about 2-3 times a day when i got to make a phone call. Then takes about 4 minutes to restart. Anyone know whats going on here...

I am currently running v4.7.1.61 platform 4.1.0.81

Thanks for your help
    12-23-09 05:20 PM
    Have you installed any new programs? Any other changes? Does the battery hold a charge?

Some might suggest you reinstall the OS and see if that helps.
    12-23-09 06:04 PM
    I would say do a complete wipe and see if it still remains, if not then install programs one by one and see if one of the programs caused the reboot cycle, you might have a corrupt file in a program or something...
    12-23-09 06:15 PM
    I'm kind of new to blackberrys how do you wipe it? i can deal with doing that and then just adding my applications one at a time. I run a few applications they are AIM, Blocked Traffic game, facebook, klondike game, slacker radio, sudoku game, texas hold'em king 2, and weather bug...

Does anyone know if any of these are know to cause the problems. I got them from BB App World, so i thought they were fine to use.

Thanks
    12-23-09 06:32 PM
    go to the how to thread and look for how to wipe with jl commander......
    12-23-09 06:36 PM
    I had one that was rebooting on me about 4 times a day atleast with no apps installed. I had it replaced for a new one
    12-23-09 10:06 PM
    I had one that was rebooting on me about 4 times a day atleast with no apps installed. I had it replaced for a new one
    this is also another options as well lol...
    12-23-09 10:09 PM
    Man this sounds extremely annoying, I hate when Berrys mess up. If I were you, there are two options...

I would wipe the berry and restore it...found here..

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

or just take it back to Verizon/Sprint and have them give you a new (refurbished) one. Potentially a lot slower though, or quicker depending on your knowledge on the phone.

But these are just my opinions
    12-23-09 10:16 PM
    yeah just start with a complete wipe, it will prob work after that...
    12-23-09 10:18 PM
    If you have encryption enabled then try disabling it. I noticed mine would keep restarting when i had it enabled but it could be the fact that im runing 5.0.0.230. When I disable it the problem goes away.
    12-23-09 10:38 PM
    If you have encryption enabled then try disabling it. I noticed mine would keep restarting when i had it enabled but it could be the fact that im runing 5.0.0.230. When I disable it the problem goes away.
    Mine keeps restarting once i installed 5.0.0.230 with the hybrid and it never restarted while on 4.7. if disable encryption, what do i lose?
    12-24-09 04:48 PM
    You don't lose anything if you disable encryption. Encryption is a security option for the onboard memory of the phone and memory card to make it unreadable. If you are using a hybrid over the .230 then reload the phone with just .230 and see if that works. I know some phones like them and some don't
    12-26-09 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD