it's my 7th 552 error in 2 months and i've never had a more frustrating phone. i just want to know how i get it out of the restarting loop? i did the whole reinstall the system software thing where you bypass the dm by going to the loader instead. it does everything fine until the last part where it has to reconnect to the device again after it's reinstalled the system software. that's when it just keeps looping to restart. i've tried to redo the whole process again like 5 times now and still keeps restarting at that last part. what can i do to stop that? yes i've done battery pulls galore.
    11-16-09 04:15 AM
    I see you have another post relative to installing OS 5.0. Are you trying to install OS 5.0, or the released software?
    11-16-09 08:33 AM
    If you have a memory card take it out and see if the phone will boot up and not go into the loop.
    11-16-09 08:46 AM
    I also have a Tour since day one and while it had trackball issues, I stuck with it until last week, when it, too, fell victim to the 552 error.... I couldn't do anything with a combination of battery pulls, Memory Card pulls and/or SIM Card pulls - it would just do nothing....

To make matters works, I received a Warranty Replacement, which was pretty solid - trackball no issues and the batter door was tight. However, within 24 hours of it working just fine, it shut off and will now not boot up at all. Again, irrespective of a combination of battery/Memory Card/SIM pulls and/or charging from the wall or laptop.....

Soooo, i am awaiting my 3rd Tour today from the warehouse and will try that one!! FWIW, I have ony run the most recent official releases from VZW (4.7) and the following apps - I am beginning to think it might be one of the last 2 that is causing it???? I had only installed Splash ID 5.0 recently and/or noticed FB 1.7 locking/hanging up lately??? Not sure there is a common thread with my apps, but wanted to share them??

BB Messenger 5.0
    Google Voice
    Google Mobile
    Google Maps
    Gmail App
    Tivo
    Viigo
    ScoreMobile
    Poynt
    Dictionary Thesaurus
    Forward, Reply & Edit
    CBS Fantasy Football

Splash ID (5.0)
    Facebook (1.7)
    11-16-09 09:17 AM
    If you have a memory card take it out and see if the phone will boot up and not go into the loop.
    Let's hope this works for my phone.
    11-17-09 12:44 PM
    i never even thought about the memory card. didn't know that could be an issue. well in order for me to get it out of constant restart loop, i just finally upgraded to the latest leaked tour os5. that got it out of constant restart. the os seems better. restarts are faster. one this is that i don't like the new sms mode where it doesn't tell me the date and time of each message. is very annoying. plus battery drain is noticeably more.
    11-17-09 08:21 PM
    I thought I was the only one with the issue. The last time my phone shut down and restarted was about two weeks ago. Today I pulled the battery out, let's see how long this would last. I'll also try pulling the memory card out too.
    11-17-09 10:58 PM
    I had this same problem too also with the original tour i had and ended up having to exchange it out at the store. Am now on my 6th because of trackball problems. I'm running 5.0.0.230 also with 7.11 hybrid and the battery drains at least twice as fast as it did with 4.7 which is disappointing. I don't get why some of us that install 5.0 get so much of a decrease in battery while others say they get more?
    11-23-09 03:46 AM
    i never even thought about the memory card. didn't know that could be an issue. well in order for me to get it out of constant restart loop, i just finally upgraded to the latest leaked tour os5. that got it out of constant restart. the os seems better. restarts are faster. one this is that i don't like the new sms mode where it doesn't tell me the date and time of each message. is very annoying. plus battery drain is noticeably more.
    How do I upgrade my OS? I'm having the same problems with restarting loop. It won't stop restarting. This is super frustrating
    12-21-09 01:21 PM
    yeah if the memory card has a bad sector when the device reads it, it can cause the reset loop.
    12-21-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD