I had the Storm for 6 months, at first I tried a screen protector but after the 4th replacement, I just ditched the screen protector idea.

To my amazement the last Storm I had for at least 3 months with no protector and NOT one single scratch big, small or fine.

Is the Tour's screen material stronger or equivalent to the Storm's screen?

Anyone rocking their tour without a protector? Any scratches?

I had the privacy screen protector for 2 weeks, it gets scratched up very easily, and very fast.

Thanks for the suggestions/feed back in advance.
    08-08-09 02:24 PM
    I believe the Tour's screen material isnt as much strong as the Storm, probably due to the fact that it isnt a "touch" screen. Some ppl even broke theirs just by putting their phone in their pocket (probably combined with a move.. but still..).

Personnaly, I chose to apply a PhantomSkinz on it and I'm happy with the results. They aren't expensive and can always be easily removed if you don't want it anymore.
    08-08-09 02:49 PM
    I've got a seidio screen protector on my Tour. Had it for about two weeks, doesn't scratch like verizons privacy protector. Very easy to apply as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 03:03 PM
    I don't have any protector on my screen and its fine.

08-08-09 03:06 PM
    No scratches on mine. 3wks old.

I did order the Siedio and will try it when it arrives.
    08-08-09 03:10 PM
    I don't have any protector on my screen and its fine.

For now

Screen protectors necessary? Not at all. Recommended? Absolutely! The second you accidentally rub your screen against something and get a scratch in it you'll say, "why didn't I put a screen protector on???!"

08-08-09 03:48 PM
    I've got a seidio screen protector on my Tour. Had it for about two weeks, doesn't scratch like verizons privacy protector. Very easy to apply as well.

The Seidio protector, is that a privacy screen protector, or just a screen protector?
    08-08-09 05:00 PM
    Anyone have Best Buy put there proctor on from their mobile section? I was thinking about having them do mine because I can never put ti on straight or perfectly and just end up wasting 7 bucks and pulling it off
    08-08-09 05:12 PM
    I still have the plastic covering that came with my BB on the screen. Just snipped off the tab because it was getting in the way.
    08-08-09 05:33 PM
    Definitely go with at least a screen protector, they're easy to apply and dirt cheap - $1.08 for a 3-pack plus $2.98 shipping. Link below for the one I purchased from Amazon:

Amazon.com: 3 PACK BlackBerry Curve 8900 Screen Protector: Everything Else

These indicate they're for the 8900 but they will work for the Tour as they have the same screen dimensions. I've applied these exact screen protectors and they fit perfect.
    08-08-09 05:53 PM
    I've got the invisible shield on mine.. just the screen portion however.
    08-08-09 06:20 PM
    yesss i got invisible shield on mine also. i originally got just the screen protection. but thought it looked a little out of place. so i got full body installed. then i took off the top piece and bottom piece on front that cover the blackberry/LED spot and the verizon logo on bottom. looks good. definitely worth it.
    08-08-09 07:54 PM
    My Tour is a month old now and still no scratches. While out shopping today, stopped by a cel phone store and had a screen protector put installed. I figure the cost has provided some peace of mind.
    08-08-09 09:12 PM
    I'm going nude...waiting what seems like FOREVER for BSE to come out with the skin.
    08-08-09 09:13 PM
    Phantomskinz shipped me bunk film #3. Yes, I'm bitter. I really liked it on my Storm too! What am I going to do @ this LAN party on Saturday?! I really need an otterbox for that kind of abuse.
    08-13-09 03:09 AM
    I went with the invisibleSHIELD and it did not fully cover the screen and had them remove it and got the refund. are any of these screen "protectors" have better coverage, really?
    08-13-09 06:29 AM
    I went with the invisibleSHIELD and it did not fully cover the screen and had them remove it and got the refund. are any of these screen "protectors" have better coverage, really?
    The screen protectors referenced in my previous post give full screen coverage. These protectors are the exact dimensions of the screen - but the screen only, nothing else. See post below:

Definitely go with at least a screen protector, they're easy to apply and dirt cheap - $1.08 for a 3-pack plus $2.98 shipping. Link below for the one I purchased from Amazon:

Amazon.com: 3 PACK BlackBerry Curve 8900 Screen Protector: Everything Else

These indicate they're for the 8900 but they will work for the Tour as they have the same screen dimensions. I've applied these exact screen protectors and they fit perfect.
    08-13-09 06:57 AM
    Anyone have Best Buy put there proctor on from their mobile section? I was thinking about having them do mine because I can never put ti on straight or perfectly and just end up wasting 7 bucks and pulling it off
    I let bestbuy put on a full body protector. It look and feel great!

08-13-09 07:17 AM
    no screen protector right now and no scratches
    08-13-09 08:31 AM
    Definitely get a screen protector. I put on a PhantomSkinz one from day one.

It's been a month and I already have a few large scratches on my screen. Luckily the scratches are on the screen protector and not the actual screen so I can just toss it and put on another one instead of having to put up with them for the rest of the phone's life.

I don't even do anything unusual with my phone. I have the latex BB skin on it and the screen protector and use the OEM belt pouch and yet somehow got scratches. I wonder of that has anything to do with me holstering it with the screen facing in?
    08-13-09 08:31 AM
    I have Invisible Shield on mine and it's great
    08-13-09 08:38 AM
    Definitely get a screen protector. I put on a PhantomSkinz one from day one.

It's been a month and I already have a few large scratches on my screen. Luckily the scratches are on the screen protector and not the actual screen so I can just toss it and put on another one instead of having to put up with them for the rest of the phone's life.

I don't even do anything unusual with my phone. I have the latex BB skin on it and the screen protector and use the OEM belt pouch and yet somehow got scratches. I wonder of that has anything to do with me holstering it with the screen facing in?
    I don't think it has anything to do with how u put the tour in the holster, but I think it might have to do with the quality of the holster...I did have similar issues with the included holster which scratched my battery door

08-13-09 08:42 AM
    I got a chance to take a look @ the full PhantomSkinz pattern the other day and it looked worthy. I'll probably put one on eventually.
    08-16-09 06:38 PM
    I've had my tour for a month now and it has been naked the whole time. No scratches whatsoever on any part of the phone. I just make sure not to drop it and keep it in an empty pocket where it can't be gnarled by keys or other pocketable items. If I wipe the smudges off she looks out of box brand new.

08-16-09 07:10 PM
    I hate to say it, but you guys are wasting your money. The Storm and Tour screens are both made of glass which has a rockwell hardness higher than steel - you couldn't scratch the screen with a screwdriver even if you wanted to. You could, however, shatter it if you impacted it with enough force, so a case or silicone skin is a good idea because it makes the screen slightly recessed and helps prevent an impact if you drop it face-down.

The only thing that could scratch the screen is a mineral harder than glass, such as sapphire or diamond. I suppose bits of silicate embedded in brick could do it. In any case, it's not going to happen in your pocket - the rest of the phone is what's vulnerable to scratches from car keys, not the screen!

I work in a Verizon store, and every single person who comes in upset that they have a scratch on their new Storm's screen is shocked when I peel off the included sticker on the screen that they didn't realize was there. I always feel guilty selling a screen protector when customers insist, because they're always back a week or so later complaining about how their touchscreen doesn't work correctly - virtually every screen protector I've seen used on the Storm interferes with the touchscreen in some fashion.
    09-04-09 11:28 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD