Yeah I don't have any of those problems. Some people get lucky, others don't. QC is the bane of most companies. Consistency varies in every product from a company. It seems like you're mad that people are leaving the storm for the tour. It's understandable.

You like touchscreens, I like the reliability of my phone. Never crashed once. Not a single battery pull that I needed to do. My phone works better than the bold I had previous, and is twice as user friendly as the storm IMHO
    08-02-09 05:57 PM
    For me and thousands of others, the Storm is just fine and will be even better as time goes by. The Tour will get better but at the same time, it can only improve so much.

Lets just chill out a bit. These are after all...just phones.

Peace.
    What evidence or reasons do you have to believe that the Tour "can only improve so much," but the Storm "will be even better as time goes by?"
    08-02-09 07:36 PM
    The OP is obviously in the wrong forum. Tour issues are not dismissed and in general nobody cares about the Storm in here. The Storm has run its course and nobody cares about the comparisons. Quite frankly the only comparison is they share the Blackberry name and logo. Storm was/is a poorly built horrendous device that is not worthy of discussion in here.

This thread is a bad attempt at trying to link the 2 devices and its users together. No comparison this thread will die out like all the other "Storm" threads in here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Amen, brother, amen.

The OP can go **** himself, too...with SurePress
    08-02-09 07:46 PM
    Whoa, for a second I thought this was the 9630 forum.
    08-02-09 07:57 PM
    hehe 9630 and Palm Pre have the same great quality build
    08-02-09 08:03 PM
    This may sound like a ghettofabulous fix, but for the time being to fix the battery door issue, simply take a business card, fold it in half, cut 3/4 of an inch for fitting the width and insert between the battery and door, snugs the Tour door really nicely
    08-02-09 09:21 PM
    There are 2 main causes of issues with the Tour.

1. Id10t errors
    2. user malfunction

Lmao nice one

08-02-09 09:56 PM
    @ the guy who asked about BB's. It's the carrier that is responsible for upholding their end of the warranty, and they generally do. When you hear about people having six devices, these were changed out under warranty. The fact remains that the Storm was a 1st Generation device and with that, comes a certain amount of problems, so people filtered through several devices of the same model, hoping that the problems would rectify themselves at some point. So yes, the providers are normally really good at maintaining their end of the bargain, as long as you maintain yours. There are lots of people who try to lie, cheat and steal in order to get something for nothing, and you will see lots of that around here. If there's a problem, be honest and they will change it out. And FYI: within the first 30 days, if there's a problem you get a new device, after that, you get a refurbished one
    08-02-09 10:03 PM
    I have noticed that when people start bringing up Tour issues in this forum, it is dismissed quickly! If someone says anything negative about it, they are either idiots, too picky, expect too much, etc, etc. There are key issues that I have noticed that others have brought up and every time, it gets swept away.

Issues:

Muffled calls on receiving end. Unaceptable.

Loose battery door cover. Quality control issue. I would not settle for this.

Phone gets hot!

Trackball issues. Yes, they do exist.

I could go on but you get the meat of it.

And yes, I had a Tour for a bit so don't tell me I never had one.

Tour users are so quick to jump on the Storm and blast it away with saying the phone is garbage. Please be serious when I ask you this. What does the Tour do better right now then the Storm with 148 or 151? Resist the temptation to flame with childish remarks. Believe it or not, there are many people who would like to know this answer. If all you have to say is that it's a physical keyboard, don't bother to respond. I have had both, I like the surepress better. Give me more then that.
    I never owned the Storm for 2 reasons:
    1) I'm on the Sprint network
    2) When I did play with one at the Verizon store, I could not believe that RIM made a device that responds slower than the Curve.

Muffled Calls - Have not experienced this issue. <knocking on wood>

Loose Battery Door - Mine is loose as well, but not to the point to annoy me.

Phone Gets Hot - I noticed this one day and saw how my battery was draining quite fast as well. Upon further investigation, end user error. I left Google Maps and Sprint Navigation running so it was constantly fetching data and updating. Once I turned the 2 apps off, the phone cooled down and battery consumption reduced drastically. This of course was my situation.

Trackball Issues - Had them for a little bit when trying to scroll left to right and vise a versa. Adjusting the sensitivity fixed this issue for me.

So there you have it. Answers without being a jack***.
    08-02-09 10:22 PM
    I have serious question that I'd like to ask, but I don't want it to be taken as being sarcastic or anything.

I've never owned a Blackberry product and now my wife would like to get a Tour. So I've been spending some time on Crackberry doing some research on the Tour. You don't have to look hard before you start seeing all of the threads detailing� uhhhh, "quality issues".

My question is, doesn't Blackberry stand behind their 12-month product warranty? I'm only asking because some of the posts on here make it seem like if your Tour isn't working correctly you're screwed, but why couldn't you just get it replaced under warranty? I know it's a huge inconvenience but other then that, what's the problem? Is it at all difficult to get RIM to honor their warranty? I mean, if she has Tour for like 8-months and then the trackball just stops working or the screen just goes dead, can't she just contact either Sprint or RIM and get it replaced or repaired?

I know the question might sound like I'm just being an ***, but I'm only asking because I've never owned a RIM device before, and I really don't know how well they honor their warranty. She had an Iphone before and whenever you have an issue with an Iphone all you have to do is walk into an Apple store and they'll replace it no questions asked.

Can she buy a Tour now and be confident that if something goes wrong with it 1, or 2, or 3, or 10-months that RIM will honor their warranty and fix her phone?

Thanks for the help and the great forum!
    I think the concern by many is that replacement units after the 30 days can be rebuilt units - and not pristine-out-of-the-box. Also, if there are truly inherent flaws they may not be easily fixable.

I am not a phone engineer but when I read so many folks relying on the OS to fix things I shudder. It will not fix battery covers, or poorly made headphone jacks (unless there is also software dealing with that). Screen ripples are not OS. I have no idea if the poor signals some folks suffer are a physically bad antenna or some signal processing that occurs after it hits the phone.

So, yes, the phone is warrantied for 1 year but .....
    08-02-09 10:29 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD