Since I have insurance on my phone.. and lets say hypothetically my phone break.. since the new tour 2 is coming out and they don't sell the tour anymore.. will i get the tour 2 lol?
    01-30-10 01:58 AM
    Doubt it. Who isn't selling the Tour (1) anymore??
    01-30-10 02:04 AM
    I think insurance phones are refurbs. (I think keywords). And who said they were going to quit selling the Tour anytime soon? The Storm1 is still available through Verizon.

Can't blame you for the hopeful thinking though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 02:05 AM
    Eh I guess this is a case by case basis. I had 3 Samsung Instincts all wound up with broken screens. By the time I came in for the 4th, they offered me a new phone, and I picked up the HTC Touch Pro 1. That phone had keyboard issues and on my 3rd replacement they finally offered me another phone. I gave the Palm Pre a try, hated it and returned it within the first 30 days and now am using the Tour.

I guess it depends on your carrier, the store you go to and your relationship with them. I love my Sprint Store, and they guys in there are great. I won't go anywhere else, even to pay a bill in cash.

I will say hoping that a Tour breaks down to get a Tour 2 is a stretch... All of my returns were legit and known issues which they had no problem dealing with.
    01-30-10 02:09 AM
    ahh darn alright thanks guys.. well i don't plan on breaking my BB again this is like my 3rd one haha
    01-30-10 02:29 AM
    You can always call and ask. I went from a PPC 6700 > Mogul > Touch Pro > Tour. I'm more of a media guy so I'm going to go back to WinMo ASAP.

01-30-10 08:06 AM
    My VZW insurance replaced phones have all been "refurbs" of the same model.
    01-30-10 09:28 AM
    i just filed a claim for a lost phone through asurion (verizon) and got a brand new one came in original box (white sleeve that shows blackberry picture, and black box) with 2GB card installed everything...now I don't know if that would have been the case had i say cracked the screen and just needed a replacement and still had battery and all that stuff who knows..
    01-30-10 12:17 PM
    i just filed a claim for a lost phone through asurion (verizon) and got a brand new one came in original box (white sleeve that shows blackberry picture, and black box) with 2GB card installed everything...now I don't know if that would have been the case had i say cracked the screen and just needed a replacement and still had battery and all that stuff who knows..
    Wow. Lucky you!
    01-30-10 01:17 PM
    That's the way it worked with me. If you get a replacement from Verizon they send you a refurb and if you go through the asurion insurance they send you a brand new one in the box. I have had 2 replaced by insurance. My son decided to use mine for a football and broke the screen and they sent me a brand new one, I just had to pay the deductible.

01-30-10 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD