I love my tour, I'm on my second one since it came out and going strong, and I really couldn't think of a better phone to use everyday, but now that the HTC incredible is about to come out on verizon, I'm torn! Anyone else thinking of switching to HTC because of the Incredible? Man I love my tour but that is one hot phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 03:18 PM
    I'm on the fence about this. I like the new Android OS but BB has some of the best keypads around. I think I've been spoiled lol.
    04-27-10 04:25 PM
    I am considering changing to android. I will probably wait a month after the incredible releases to see how people like it. The first batch of phones usually have their problems.
    04-27-10 05:38 PM
    Yea I LOVE not only the physical keyboard but the tour keyboard totally spoiled me, so I really don't know how I'm gonna like going to an only virtual keyboard, but man that screen is kick a$$ *drool*

04-27-10 05:45 PM
    I just hope by the time I upgrade (3/11) Verizon will have some great Android devices coming out.
    04-27-10 06:03 PM
    I love the Tour's keyboard. However, I've been strongly considering jumping ship to Android. RIM is just messing up by cutting off support for the Tour this quick....& not having OS 6 would push me right on to a droid.
    04-27-10 06:11 PM
    I will be making the move to the Incredible on Thursday....I have been playing with the Droid and it is a paradigm change...(but I am holding on to the Tour just in case)
    04-27-10 06:21 PM
    I just hope by the time I upgrade (3/11) Verizon will have some great Android devices coming out.
    Yeah same here. but im also on the fence about the bold 9650. i want a droid phone but this being my first blackberry im like attached. like basically a symbiotic relationship haha. but the google droid/phones are def nice. too bad ill have to wait a while to get one haha.
    04-27-10 07:09 PM
    I own a tour and am going to try the incredible for thirty days. My biggest concern is the virtual keyboard. I figure if I don't like the incredible within that time, hopefully vzw will have the bold 9650 and I can just switch to that if need be. I really want the incredible to work out though. We'll see.

04-27-10 07:21 PM
    I own a tour and am going to try the incredible for thirty days. My biggest concern is the virtual keyboard. I figure if I don't like the incredible within that time, hopefully vzw will have the bold 9650 and I can just switch to that if need be. I really want the incredible to work out though. We'll see.

You can try the phone for 30 days and then return it if you don't like it?

04-28-10 01:07 PM
    I saw and played with the incredible today and fell in love.. lol I think I may use my upgrade early and get one. The internet is wicked fast and the camera is 8 megapixels. I love my bb but this is going to be my 3rd tour thats refurbished.
    04-28-10 03:54 PM
    Pretty sure you can try any phone/device out for 30 days and return it, no questions asked. But that's with Verizon. Don't know about the other carriers.

04-28-10 04:00 PM
    My second line is past due an upgrade, and Im seriously thinking about giving this phone a try. And if I like it, my Tour will have to go.
    Last edited by gammaray1; 04-28-10 at 10:40 PM.
    04-28-10 10:38 PM
    I'm also switching to the INC in a month, after this new official vzw OS I'm totally fed up. Browser click issue alone is enough for me to bail. RIM should have an update out by now!
    04-28-10 11:52 PM
    I'm considering getting the incredible as well. The only thing is that i will have to pay full retail =(.
    04-29-10 02:47 AM
    I should be receiving my Incredible later today. I still love my tour; I'm going to keep it as a backup phone.
    04-29-10 02:50 AM
    You can try the phone for 30 days and then return it if you don't like it?

Yes, but you can only do that once. So if you go from a tour to the incredible, you can't (at least not without paying full price) to to a bold if you don't like the incredible.
    04-29-10 05:03 AM
    I should be receiving my Incredible later today. I still love my tour; I'm going to keep it as a backup phone.
    Good plan. As I am now without a phone until tomorrow since my third tour crapped out on me, I wish I had a backup!
    04-29-10 05:05 AM
    04-29-10 08:46 AM
    ordering mine on may 15 when im eligible
    04-29-10 09:58 AM
    I love the Tour's keyboard. However, I've been strongly considering jumping ship to Android. RIM is just messing up by cutting off support for the Tour this quick....& not having OS 6 would push me right on to a droid.
    ^this. I'm actually a little annoyed. I've been running the leaked os's because the 4.7 the tour was shipped with was unacceptable. Then we finally get an official 5.0 os and it is filled with bugs. My vzw rep came in two days ago with a live incredible...such a great device. The only thing he said negative was the battery life. I hate to say it but I'm going android in July. These companies will only get the message when the consumers stop buying their sub par products. I shouldn't have to hack an os to get it to work right. I should be hacking it to make it do something cool. So my tour will be for sale soon.
    04-29-10 11:53 AM
    I see a lot of folks switching from a BB to something other than a BB. The reason I have a BlackBerry is for the push email. What do other phones like the HTC offer for push email service??
    04-29-10 12:00 PM
    I am due for an upgrade in July. I played with the Incredible today in the store and it is........................Incredible. It's very fast, beautiful screen. The only thing I don't love is touch screen, it will take me a while to get used to that. I made several mistakes typing on it. I even tried the Storm2 while I was at the store and I liked typing on that much better however the benefits of the Incredible seem to outweigh the touch screen and I am sure I will get used to it after a while.

Long story short, in July I am most likely trading my Tour for an Incredible.
    04-29-10 02:20 PM
    Ok so im typing this on the HTC incredible and I have to say I'm kind of blown away. It's pretty much the most responsive phone I've used and the predictive text is working pretty well as I'm typing this now. The screen is amazing and I love everything about this phonr, except the virtual keyboard, especially coming from a blackberry tour keyboard. I mean there just isn't any comparison to the tour keyboard too any physical keyboard, but the greatness of this phone may just ne enough for me to eventually make the jump. Unfortunately I don't know if I can give up the tour keyboard quite yet so I might just wait it put to switch, but man this phone is phenomenal! And I am seriously thinking for the first time in my life that I might, just might, ne able to live without a physical keyboard hahahaha man this phone is great

04-29-10 07:51 PM
    Enjoy sisblub.
    04-30-10 01:51 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD