Does having an unofficial OS on a dead phone void the warranty too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 01:24 PM
    why the hel* would you put the phone in rice for only an hour and a half?? Why even do the rice trick if your not going to do it right? Next time your phone gets wet, it takes AT LEAST a full 24 hours if not more to dry out the phone in rice.

be responsible with these phones, if you mess it up, admit it and not try to hide it from Verizon! Your only 15, why the hel* do you even have a Blackberry anyway?
    12-31-09 02:13 PM
    Or better yet.......leave your phone in the car and this would have never happened! I cant stand seeing people on their phone while on a run or on a chair!
    12-31-09 02:23 PM
    Your only 15, why the hel* do you even have a Blackberry anyway?
    Kids in my son's elementary school have berrys and theIr under 13 yrs old lol

12-31-09 05:51 PM
    Just for informational purposes...I just received a replacement Tour after going for an unintentional swim with mine in my pocket. Asurion does cover water damage and their deductible for smartphones is only $89.99, not the $100 mentioned previously.

Since they had an entire section asking if it was water damage, I believe it's safe to say that's their number one reason for having to replace them.
    12-31-09 05:58 PM
    Kids in my son's elementary school have berrys and theIr under 13 yrs old lol

Thats effing nonsense!!!!
    12-31-09 07:39 PM
    My GF's little sister (10) uses my BB Tour every-time I go to her dad's house. When I got it she said "OOOOOOOOOOO, is that the new Tour? Can I play with it?" haha she probably knows just as much as I do about it.
    Last edited by photec2; 12-31-09 at 11:28 PM. Reason: ***
    12-31-09 11:27 PM
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I just got the new tour today. I got all my stuff back on it. PITA!! I'll post up pics tomarrow after I put on my white housing
    12-31-09 11:31 PM
    Or better yet.......leave your phone in the car and this would have never happened! I cant stand seeing people on their phone while on a run or on a chair!

Oh whatever. Being in a ski area isnt the same as being in wilderness. I used to be a Alaskan kayak guide and that is an activity worth leaving behind the cell for. Honestly, I would carry a satellite phone even when I would guide day trips. On the week long excursions it was mandatory, my point is that a cell phone is great to have while in the ski area. Mammoth Mountain just released a mobile site to check conditions, chairlift status, lodge info, etc. Now if one was in the Chugach riding backcountry I could understand leaving the cell for, but even then an emergency communications device should be a part of anyones day pack.
    01-01-10 02:42 AM
    Why is everyone being so rude to the kid who started the thread? Its ****ty to break your phone no matter what happens or how "dumb" one acted. We all make mistakes people!

But as for your phone, I'm glad they replaced it at vz but as someone mentioned earlier, try not to send back the water damaged one :P

01-01-10 04:23 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD