First, Im not sure if this thread should be here or not but on to my question,

I was reading a little about a gmail on a BB and how you need your settings on IMAP not POP to receive your email on your BB. My problem is that I have a mac and have my mail box set as POP. I want to be able to receive my mail on both my mac and future Verizon Tour.

What settings should I change so I can get this to work once I get my Tour. P.S. I'm pretty confused by settings on how to get my gmail to come to my email client on my mac so keep it simple.

Thanks for the help
    07-17-09 09:35 PM
    You don't need to use IMAP with gmail to get your emails on your BB. I have mine set to POP and I use gmail.
    07-17-09 09:41 PM
    ??? I thought I read a thread that said you have to use IMAP other wise you will only receive some of your emails.
    07-17-09 10:07 PM
    You don't need to use IMAP with gmail to get your emails on your BB. I have mine set to POP and I use gmail.
    I just wanted to say I love your user name.

<3 RED WINGS
    07-17-09 10:08 PM
    ??? I thought I read a thread that said you have to use IMAP other wise you will only receive some of your emails.
    Nope. I receive every email thats sent to my gmail account on my BB
    07-17-09 10:21 PM
    Nope. I receive every email thats sent to my gmail account on my BB
    Pardon my noobness but what is the difference between using imap and pop?
    07-17-09 10:33 PM
    I believe u can use POP, you just won't be able to have one-way sync from BB to Gmail. My understanding is that IMAP is the only way to have the BB -> Gmail sync.
    07-17-09 10:36 PM
    There are a bunch of threads on here about IMAP and POP use with gmail, I remember seeing them but never cared to read about it. I'm using POP settings, and it works flawlessly.

I seem to recall IMAP will allow a message to be marked as "read" in your online gmail inbox, but deleting will work with either setting.
    07-17-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD