Is it normal for the tour to get noticeably warm after like 20 minutes of talking? My other phone did, so I assume it is normal from using the radios. I just want to be sure before I put on my phantom skinz that this is the one that I am keeping. It seems like a real winner to me other than getting warm. It doesnt get overly hot, just warm. Still easy to hold, just want to make sure that this isnt a problem.
    07-17-09 07:23 PM
    My and my boss' Tours both get warm. I noticed it more the first day when I used it constantly for several hours. It never got "hot." but it definitely warm. I don't know if it should do that or not but I figured I'd tell you there are others doing the same.
    07-17-09 07:26 PM
    i don't think thats good. it happened to one of my storms...and i returned it. my other storms did not.
    07-17-09 07:29 PM
    My and my boss' Tours both get warm. I noticed it more the first day when I used it constantly for several hours. It never got "hot." but it definitely warm. I don't know if it should do that or not but I figured I'd tell you there are others doing the same.
    ah then i am more relieved. my old phone, a moto w385, got warm when talking on it as well. figured it was normal, just wanted to check if the time frame was normal.
    07-17-09 08:53 PM
    yeah I have noticed the tour getting warm with regular use especially when charging
    07-17-09 08:58 PM
    Not a problem, the radio is located down there. Couldn't feel it on the bold because the back wasn't made of plastic.
    07-17-09 09:09 PM
    The only time mine gets "hot" is when I'm streaming audio with output to a BT headset. Any ideas?
    07-20-09 08:39 AM
    Is it normal for the tour to get noticeably warm after like 20 minutes of talking? My other phone did, so I assume it is normal from using the radios. I just want to be sure before I put on my phantom skinz that this is the one that I am keeping. It seems like a real winner to me other than getting warm. It doesnt get overly hot, just warm. Still easy to hold, just want to make sure that this isnt a problem.
    perfactly normal. anytim your using up a lot of battery, the more battery you use up, the warmer the back cover of the phone will get. Batterys get pretty warm when there worked
    07-20-09 08:59 AM
    Related question/problem:

Last night I was talking on my Tour for about 90 minutes. I ran the battery down from 80% to about 15%. I went to plug it in and continue talking, but the battery icon did not get the lightning bolt symbol (I guess it was not charging). So my battery went to 10% and I had to get off the phone before it died.

I did a battery pull and after my phone rebooted I was able to get it to charge.

Do you think that I was not able to get my phone to charge while I was talking because of a software glitch (since it worked after a battery pull) or because the battery was too hot (since the phone cooled during the reboot)?

Additionally, is there anything that I can do to prevent this from happening again?

Thank you in advance!
    07-20-09 01:33 PM
    Yeah, my phone gets warm, too. I wonder if there is maybe just an update they could do to stop this?

WCM
    07-20-09 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD