When reading emails, my Tour from Verizon has fonts that are sometimes extra large, sometimes tiny and sometimes just right. I've been on numerous tech support calls with Verizon and Blackberry, and have tried everything, but no luck. It's an HTML issue, but changing to non-HTML setting is worse than the font issue. I've returned my unit to Verizon, but the new one has the same issue. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.
    01-02-10 10:40 AM
    are you using Gmail??
    01-02-10 10:55 AM
    It is a bug. I don't know if the beta OS 5's available (not supported by bb or verizon) fixes it or not.
    01-02-10 11:35 AM
    Maybe it might be theme related, themes have the tendencie to skew fonts up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 12:12 PM
    It's a firmware bug. It goes away with 5.0. It's not theme related.
    01-02-10 01:23 PM
    The OP is talking about EMAILS. The bug doesn't exist in 5.0. It DOES exist in 4.7.

There's NO setting to change it.
    01-02-10 03:19 PM
    It's a firmware bug. It goes away with 5.0. It's not theme related.
    Sorry, I am new to the forum so if my question is stupid just shot me. When we speak about 5.0 is that the device software of the desktop software?
    Also, where can I get version 5.0 - the huge text on my Tour is very annoying.

Thanks for your help
    01-03-10 03:20 PM
    Good question since many threads are not clear.

Both "things" are now available in 5.x versions - that is there is Desktop manager and it is up to some 5.x version although many folks still use older versions.

And then the OS is what you find on the PHONE and the official versions for some BB's are still 4.x and/or 5.x depending on the BB. Tour is still officially in the 4.7.x versions but folks have been finding BETA UNOFFICIAL versions on the web (bbhybrids is one place with variations on the theme).

If you are new to BB's - some folks suggest you get use to your unit so you know what's what without any of the potentially buggy OS 5.x versions. Others jump right in.

Further, if you are new, you need to install the Desktop Manager on your computer. AND then you need to download the OS for your phone and INSTALL it on your computer - Yes, you run the EXE program and it installs on your computer so Desktop Manager (DM) can find it and use it. You probably want to do that even if you are not going for a beta OS.

You also should backup your data using DM manually even those OS upgrades generally do it automatically. You can also use DM to sync your DATA with Outlook.
    01-03-10 04:23 PM
    Sorry, I am new to the forum so if my question is stupid just shot me. When we speak about 5.0 is that the device software of the desktop software?
    Also, where can I get version 5.0 - the huge text on my Tour is very annoying.

Thanks for your help
    5.0 is the DEVICE SOFTWARE version. It has not been officially released. But there are leaked versions. But you have to search for them.

If you are new to the device, then you shouldn't mess with beta OS versions until you are more familiar with it.
    01-03-10 04:30 PM
    Good question since many threads are not clear.

Both "things" are now available in 5.x versions - that is there is Desktop manager and it is up to some 5.x version although many folks still use older versions.

And then the OS is what you find on the PHONE and the official versions for some BB's are still 4.x and/or 5.x depending on the BB. Tour is still officially in the 4.7.x versions but folks have been finding BETA UNOFFICIAL versions on the web (bbhybrids is one place with variations on the theme).

If you are new to BB's - some folks suggest you get use to your unit so you know what's what without any of the potentially buggy OS 5.x versions. Others jump right in.

Further, if you are new, you need to install the Desktop Manager on your computer. AND then you need to download the OS for your phone and INSTALL it on your computer - Yes, you run the EXE program and it installs on your computer so Desktop Manager (DM) can find it and use it. You probably want to do that even if you are not going for a beta OS.

You also should backup your data using DM manually even those OS upgrades generally do it automatically. You can also use DM to sync your DATA with Outlook.
    Thank you for your specific answer. This clarifies everything I was wondering. Thank you.

5.0 is the DEVICE SOFTWARE version. It has not been officially released. But there are leaked versions. But you have to search for them.

If you are new to the device, then you shouldn't mess with beta OS versions until you are more familiar with it.
    Thanks to you too. I am not new to BB at all and have "messed around" with them in the past, but never experienced the large font and had such troubles as I have now to get rid of it.

Thanks guys
    01-03-10 06:48 PM
    Well, the 5.0 definitely gets rid of it. And I haven't had any real problems with the beta release.
    01-03-10 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD