I have a tour since the launch day, and I am having intermitten reception issues so I am going to swap it out for a new tour. When my tour is working...it's the the best BB I have had.

I have searched for this info, and was unable to find all of it...so excuse me If I am asking about an issue that has already been posted.

Since I don't want to take countless hours setting up the tour again, I want to restore the settings from my current tour onto the new tour. A few questions...keep in mind I am on a BES (Third party hosting service)

-Do I use "Device Change" or "restore"? I assume "restore" since I won't have both devices at the same time.
    -Will the deskptop software let me restore from backup on an old tour, and onto a new tour?
    -Do i activate on the BES first and then restore or do I restore first and then activate?
    -How else can be sure I don't lose my settings and BBM contacts?

Thank you in advance!!!
    07-21-09 09:33 PM
    :::Apologies for the Bump:::
    07-22-09 09:36 AM
    Use switch device wizard in Desktop manager. Activate new device on BES, and you should be all set.
    07-22-09 09:38 AM
    Use switch device wizard in Desktop manager. Activate new device on BES, and you should be all set.
    Thanks for the reply!!!

My issue with "Device Switch" is that I won't have both devices available in front of my since I need to return one to get the other...

Also...which do you do first...BES Activation or Device switch?
    07-22-09 09:58 AM
    find instructions on how to back up 3rd party apps with device switch wizard and you'll be good
    07-22-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD