hello all,

today, the tour deleted all my phone logs and messages... WTF???

i went to make a phone call and one minute the logs were there and just like that they were gone!
    i didnt notice the delayed deleting message pop up or nothing.

let it be known that i make/receive alot of calls and use bout 1500 minutes a month. also, i own the tour from day 1.

any help in understanding this is appreciated.

tyvm
    08-30-09 07:17 AM
    I believe it auto deletes stuff when it runs out of avaiable app memory. I only keep a weeks worth of work emails on at any given time if you never delete anything the phone will delete low priority items before it starts freezing up. I do a battery pull once a week too though it doesn't seem to require it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 09:11 AM
    I have already replaced my Tour because of freezing when deleting more than one message at a time (among other things).

Used to own the 8830 and accustomed to seeing a phone log of calls.

Neither one of my Tours seems to have a working phone log. It may show one or two received or placed call but later in the day, the log vanishes. What the heck is up with this???
    08-30-09 09:18 AM
    That is not uncommon symptom on the earlier 64 Mb BlackBerry, it happens when the file free memory drop below the Device Reserved Memory limit.

SMS message and the Call log are considered expendable.

I am surprised to hear it his happening on your Tour with 256 Mb of memory, but it can happen if you have filled the available memory.

Options / Status, What is you current file free memory?

Pull the battery and let it restart, then check it again. If it is less then 15 Mb, you might consider removing some of the memory consuming stuff like samples and third party applications.
    08-30-09 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD