So I have my 2nd tour...its been okay, but there are some issues that drive me insane and I guess I am literally at the point of just debating if I should return my Tour and go back to the Curve. But I wanted some input since I know that BB's are so settings sensitive; so just making sure I'm not missing a setting fix for this.

Both tours had the terrible speaker blast. I literally can't have my ringers any loud than 7 or 8, because then its just the blast that you hear as opposed to the actual ringtone. I've tried using several different ringtones, thinking that maybe some ringtones were just made poorly. Doesn't seem to make much difference.

Also, my camera is hideous. If I zoom in the camera at all, my pics are just blurry. The lens is clean and the pics are fine as long as I never zoom in at all.

Any input or direction on this is greatly appreciated
    09-07-09 11:02 PM
    Do you have a green dot Tour?
    09-07-09 11:37 PM
    Try downloading some bussines tones, I have them and they are very subtle, but you can hear them nice. My camera works fine when zooming, honestly I don't use the zoom...it doesn't zoom enough to need to use it. Just move a little closer.
    09-07-09 11:42 PM
    Do you have a green dot Tour?
    Yes, I have a green dot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 01:15 AM
    I find I only have speaker problems with MP3/AAC ringtones and not Midi or ringtones already installed on the phone. I believe this is a problem of how the MP3 ringtone is made and not a phone issue (to an extent, of course; as all speakers will distort at higher dB).
    09-08-09 01:45 PM
    sounds like a software issue to me. I'd try a hybrid. Don't go back to your curve. I had the curve and loved it. When I got the Tour I really liked it a lot, but it was so slow at times and the operating system drove me nuts. I was a little worried about trying a hybrid os, but I did and and since then I have never looked back. Do some research here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/tour-hybrid-273397/

night and day difference is all I have to say. My tour should have ran this good when VZW released it!
    09-08-09 04:00 PM
    Well I'm running 5.0, I downloaded one of the hybrids off of bbhybrids or whatever the site is, but from there, I really have no idea how to even install or what benefit the hybrid will do for me.
    09-08-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD