This is a "I cant wait till tomorrow to find out for myself" question. So..here it goes.. how is the reaction timing on the camera? In other words when you click go to take a pic does it take a few seconds before the shot is taken (like the Storm) or is spot on....The reason I ask..I have a 4 yr old who the majority of my pics stem and he cant stand still long. so its important that it be fast. LOL
    07-13-09 08:22 PM
    This is a "I cant wait till tomorrow to find out for myself" question. So..here it goes.. how is the reaction timing on the camera? In other words when you click go to take a pic does it take a few seconds before the shot is taken (like the Storm) or is spot on....The reason I ask..I have a 4 yr old who the majority of my pics stem and he cant stand still long. so its important that it be fast. LOL
    When you click the trackball, it focuses (kind of like hovering over the camera button on the Storm) and then snaps the picture. It takes, say, 1.5 seconds or so. Much faster than the Storm, even if the Storm is already focused.
    07-13-09 08:24 PM
    Search for it on youtube there's a few vids of it. Its pretty fast and the pics are great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 08:24 PM
    it doesn't take the pic instantly when you hit the trackball, but it's not too bad of a lag! wayy better than my last phone which took about 5 seconds!
    07-13-09 08:25 PM
    Ya, considering it has autofocus its pretty fast for a phone. But don't expect to take action shots with it. I only wish there was a way to disable the autofocus so I can take action shots, maybe a software update will allow you to set the focus at infinity like my old Curve.
    07-13-09 08:38 PM
    The camera on it is extremely decent and fast.

However, I bought my mom an enV3 today, and was AMAZING at how fast that camera autofocuses and snaps the picture. It was pretty much instant, and it had great quality too.
    07-13-09 08:47 PM
    it doesn't take the pic instantly when you hit the trackball, but it's not too bad of a lag! wayy better than my last phone which took about 5 seconds!
    There's no lag. It doesn't take the picture "instantly" because it is actually doing something right after you hit the trackball. It is focusing, so that the picture looks great. Then it snaps the picture immediately after focusing. Very quick.
    07-13-09 08:53 PM
    Yeah, camera is good.

Outside photos are great! Indoor is better than the Curve... Still room for upside but a good camera.

07-13-09 09:05 PM
    Got my Tour last night. Wow! Night and Day from the Storm. The Storm I had is still trying to take a picture a clicked last week. Love the Tour.
    07-15-09 04:27 AM
    Can the Tour be purchased without a camera? I read somewhere that it could but I can't remember where I found the article.

07-15-09 05:24 AM
    Berry Annoying works on the cdma tour, incase anyone was wondering.
    07-15-09 06:35 AM
    Can the Tour be purchased without a camera? I read somewhere that it could but I can't remember where I found the article.

Yes, you can buy a Tour without the camera. Same price as the model with a camera.

07-15-09 06:40 AM
    I came from the storm and the tour camera is really fast compared to the storm

07-15-09 06:44 AM
    I have to take back part of what I said earlier. I actually didn't know its a two-stage button on the side so I can pre-focus before clicking all the way. That definitely speeds up taking a picture although I still have yet to try it with a fast moving subject.
    My Curve could snap action shots pretty instantly but always being focused on infinity was a big downfall. Even if action shots aren't as precise on the Tour I'd still take this camera over the Curve any day
    07-15-09 06:11 PM
    Ya, considering it has autofocus its pretty fast for a phone. But don't expect to take action shots with it. I only wish there was a way to disable the autofocus so I can take action shots, maybe a software update will allow you to set the focus at infinity like my old Curve.
    just focus it without snapping the picture. the side button can be pressed in halfway to do this.
    07-15-09 07:27 PM
    The Tour camera is pretty good.

Coming from an 8330... no competition.
    07-15-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD