Ok Ive been thinking about getting a tour for a while now and as long as there isnt something similar with WIFI coming out soon Im going to get it. That is as long as there isnt an issue with the call quality. I was reading a review on another site ans they said that the Tours call quality was the worst they had every heard, now this is the only site Ive seen that on and I just want to make sure that its not an issue. Right now I have a samsung a930 and ive never had any complaints about the call quality. The Gf and my sister both have Envy2s and I must say that call quality is awful on those, I have all kinds of trouble hearing them when I talk to them. Just so you know where im coming from. So how is the call quality on the Tour?
    08-13-09 04:02 PM
    I have had several people comment. on how good this phone sounds even when I am using BT. It also sounds great on my end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 04:16 PM
    I upgraded from a dumb phone (an old motorola) and the Tour has been a noticeable improvement upon my old phone. With that said, there have been some mixed reviews from other users so I would recommend searching the forums for more information before taking the plunge. Everyone once and awhile I experience a tiny amount of hiss, which some people have attributed to the LCD screen but other than that everyone I have talked to says I come through loud and clear and I haven't had any issues hearing other people. I think network plays into it as well and I'm on Verizon in a major metropolitan area so if you go with Sprint or live in an area with less than great cell coverage your mileage might very.
    08-13-09 04:19 PM
    call quality is crystal clear!
    08-13-09 04:31 PM
    Well Ive read about 3 or 4 other reviews and none of them mentioned anything about bad SQ so it may have just been that on, In fact a couple of the reviews said the SQ was great. Thats said Ive just been reading a bit if the "im on my 5th tour" thread and I dont like what I see in there, although I tend to take things like that on the Web with a grain of salt. There seems to be more than a few people in there that are on multiple return Tours and some Sq complaints, so I dont know. It wouldnt be that big a deal, but Im 4 hours from the nearest verizion store, I live in the boondocks, so returning multiple phones is not the most convenient thing for me.
    08-13-09 04:33 PM
    call quality is crystal clear!
    for me also
    08-13-09 04:34 PM
    Great call quality here although I get a very unstable signal like many others have complained. I'm with Bell and coverage is pretty good here so its the phone not the carrier. ( Customer service is by far the worst I have ever seen though ). You should be very happy with the Tour. Make sure you get a good working trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 04:34 PM
    I've had excellent call quality.
    08-13-09 04:41 PM
    it varies....some phones have had issues with themselves sounding muffled. lots of people have had bluetooth issues. i downloaded the hybrid os and it took care of my bluetooth issue.
    08-13-09 04:55 PM
    Great call quality here, both on regular and speakerphone, even when I have 1 or no bars. So far no dropped calls.
    Same here no issues with call quality. I did have them when I had my 5 storms though.
    08-13-09 05:40 PM
    Well mine sucks A**. Going back to my 8330 and waiting for the 9650 to hit with wi-fi.
    08-13-09 05:54 PM
    Well mine sucks A**. Going back to my 8330 and waiting for the 9650 to hit with wi-fi.
    Most of the professional reviews such as CNET, Crackberry, etc. have rated it as very good. Albeit they didn't have anything as thorough as the "sucks A**" scale to use as a rating index. Maybe they should ditch the whole controlled variables comparison and go with the "sucks A**" methodology. Having now witnessed the usefullness of that scale, I don't know how they've proceeded to get this far without it.
    08-13-09 06:30 PM
    mines perfect. better than my curve.. tho not sure if thats saying anything?
    08-13-09 06:34 PM
    HA. HA
    HA
    HA
    HA! THREE TOURS BEFORE I RETURNED IT. all crap voice quality. constantly ppl said "what? i can't understand you. i cant hear you. muffled" i got everything. no my finger wasnt in front of the mic or anything....sigh best phone i ever had besides that...wish i didnt have to get rid of it. back to the pearl. BOOOO!
    08-13-09 06:49 PM
    mine has been just fine.

no problems thus far.
    08-13-09 09:26 PM
    No problems here, I use Verizon and I have had no droped calls. I have not tried my BT with yet so can't say anything on that end.
    08-13-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD