Does anyone know of a good calendar? Preferably a free one? The one that comes with the phone is okay, but a little bit plain.

Any feedback would be great.
    11-24-09 10:20 PM
    Well, what exactly are you looking for in addition to the features of the native calendar?
    11-24-09 10:24 PM
    I'm not a big fan of the view they give you.. on some themes I see calendars with a list of upcoming events on the screen etc. Is that just a matter of the theme of the phone or is that the calendar application?
    11-24-09 11:41 PM
    I'm not a big fan of the view they give you.. on some themes I see calendars with a list of upcoming events on the screen etc. Is that just a matter of the theme of the phone or is that the calendar application?
    Check out the options menu on the calendar. There are ways to change the view such as "day", "month".... Can't remember what else there is, but maybe that will help. Respond with more questions if you have any or if I didn't help.
    11-25-09 12:27 AM
    It sounds like you are looking for a Today Theme. Where your upcoming events are listed on your homescreen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 12:49 AM
    It sounds like you are looking for a Today Theme. Where your upcoming events are listed on your homescreen?

Possibly...but on the previous themes I've had it is set up so if you scroll over the calendar they'll show you but otherwise it's not there... I kind of like that set up.

Don't really want to change my theme was just looking for a good calendar but obviously I don't know what I'm talking about.
    11-25-09 09:13 AM
    Possibly...but on the previous themes I've had it is set up so if you scroll over the calendar they'll show you but otherwise it's not there... I kind of like that set up.

Don't really want to change my theme was just looking for a good calendar but obviously I don't know what I'm talking about.

Yes, that is a property of the theme, there are a lot of free themes in the Theme forum and you would want to look for one with a Hidden Today with Calendar. You can also get them to show your Messages, or both calendar and messages.
    11-25-09 09:32 AM

Lol. It isn't that you don't know what you are talking about - you just didn't realize this is theme controlled, not calendar controlled.
    11-25-09 11:20 AM
    Today themes do what ur looking for, as its been stated above, i love my calander a million times more with a today theme! maybe u can get the same themem u have now, only in a "today" view
    11-25-09 02:18 PM

I'm still trying to decide on a better solution than the built-in calendar myself - it's WAY too plain, and even difficult to read when you have overlapping/conflicting appts. I recently switched to BB from Windows Mobile...there were plenty of options (free and purchased) for WM for viewing your calendar in a way that mimics Outlook - with status bars, extending the appt box/bubble across the entire duration, changing fonts, etc. that I really liked.

The only things I've found that come close are 3rd party apps: Pocket Informant and Agendus are big players here (I actually had PI for my old WM phone). Just a couple of ideas you may want to check out if you're looking for something more flexible...
    11-25-09 02:51 PM
    I'm still trying to decide on a better solution than the built-in calendar myself - it's WAY too plain, and even difficult to read when you have overlapping/conflicting appts. I recently switched to BB from Windows Mobile...there were plenty of options (free and purchased) for WM for viewing your calendar in a way that mimics Outlook - with status bars, extending the appt box/bubble across the entire duration, changing fonts, etc. that I really liked.

The only things I've found that come close are 3rd party apps: Pocket Informant and Agendus are big players here (I actually had PI for my old WM phone). Just a couple of ideas you may want to check out if you're looking for something more flexible...
    I've just completely switched to using an actual paper-binded planner. I still set tasks on my phone if I'm just out running errands or whatever but for the most part when it comes to appointments and school assignments I just use my planner instead.

I just need a way to view my weeks with everything neatly organized instead of just stuck in certain time slots and stuff like that so I'll just use the planner instead and it works better for me personally
    11-27-09 01:54 PM
    I use Google Calendar so I have access from anywhere and don't have to worry about backups on the phone.
    11-27-09 01:57 PM
    Use the Agenda view in calendar shows you every thing by day. Appointments and tasks. Very nice clean view not sure what else you would want. If you do a lot of tasks Roll Call Tasks is a great app through BBapps store. allows you to display by date or category and super easy Entry of new ones.

11-27-09 02:08 PM
    i dont know if anyone will be able to help me but i have the reverie HT theme installed and love the hidden today feature. but ever since i installed v7.11 hybrid over it, the only things that show up on hidden today are the events that are listed as a bb group event, not the ones under my email accounts. and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to change that property when i go into edit events. anyone know of a way to fix this or what i can do to make all events in my calendar show up on hidden today?
    11-27-09 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD