JUST got my tour, like not even an hour ago... How long will it take for the browser and everything to load in...?
    09-07-09 02:28 PM
    Should be instant.

Could you help out what carrier?
    New BB or Upgrade?
    Locked or Unlocked?
    09-07-09 02:33 PM
    Maybe your phone isnt registered on the network yet or do you have a data plan? either way call your carrier, like spaciorek said, it should be instant.
    09-07-09 02:35 PM
    Brand new, upgraded but my first BB... Verizon and locked...

It's running what looks to be v4.7.1.40 if that helps? Everything is working.... text/call etc.. just hte email and browser arent even on there....
    09-07-09 02:35 PM
    Any good posts that would be helpful in learning the tips and tricks of it.. I've been browsing the stickyed post but there is ALOT to search through...
    09-07-09 02:37 PM
    Okay make sure you have a BB data plan just because you upgraded does not mean you have a BB data plan. Once you know you have the right plan very simple go to options/adv options/host routing table/ bb menu key register now and give it a minute or so. Should be good to go and welcome to the world of BB
    09-07-09 02:37 PM
    Any good posts that would be helpful in learning the tips and tricks of it.. I've been browsing the stickyed post but there is ALOT to search through...
    There is a "tips and tricks" thread.... good stuff on that thread
    09-07-09 02:38 PM
    Okay make sure you have a BB data plan just because you upgraded does not mean you have a BB data plan. Once you know you have the right plan very simple go to options/adv options/host routing table/ bb menu key register now and give it a minute or so. Should be good to go and welcome to the world of BB
    ^^^^ do exactly what this guy is saying, this will load up your browser^^^

as far as your e-mail not being there... well u gotta set it up. Go to setup on your home screen. then click on set up e-mail... follow the directions they give you.
    09-07-09 02:49 PM
    The lady said she set up my e-mail for me... I followed your advice spaciorek and sent the register now message... What will happen after that? Will the browser randomly show up to?
    09-07-09 03:01 PM
    The lady said she set up my e-mail for me... I followed your advice spaciorek and sent the register now message... What will happen after that? Will the browser randomly show up to?
    did you receive a confirmation message in your message box that says "your handhelp has been registered?

if you did, yes, the broswer will show up like magic pretty much.

as far as your e-mail. if she said she set up your e-mail for you and you still dont have an icone for your e-mail, you might want to send your servie books over to your phone then. to do so, log into BIS from your computer, type in your user name and password, then you will see your e-mails and just hit the option to send your service books
    09-07-09 03:07 PM
    Yes, I did... well I got something in the messages from verizon.... It's not even showing up so i'm kinda like what the heck.... I'm double checking my verizon account right now. Yes, it's on there well the data plan.. So i'm off to figure out how to log into bis... What login/password would I use...?

Okay I registered... Well tried to! It said to do the host routing table register thing again... So I am going to do it again and see where it leads me to from there... =/ So i'm waiting for the phone to turn back on....

Right now it's not even showing the RIGHT time, and yes all time zones have been checked... Would it hurt to do *228 again?
    Last edited by xEchox; 09-07-09 at 03:37 PM.
    09-07-09 03:17 PM
    *sighs* I've followed EVERYTHING... waiting for my dad to come in and try before I call up verizon... Is it possible to load the service books up by USB cable or something ? from what i've found there are NONE on the phone...

Update: We now have the correct time on the phone... so thats a start...?
    Last edited by xEchox; 09-07-09 at 04:09 PM.
    09-07-09 04:02 PM
    *sighs* I've followed EVERYTHING... waiting for my dad to come in and try before I call up verizon... Is it possible to load the service books up by USB cable or something ? from what i've found there are NONE on the phone...

Update: We now have the correct time on the phone... so thats a start...?

you should call verizon though since your new to Blackberry and they can be very helpful to walk you through what you need to do.

I'm not saying we cant help you on here, its just that your so new to Blackberry that you really should have a pro walk you through what exactly you need to do and can help you more then what you can just reading on here and trying to do yourself.

verizon has extreamly good customer service and they can walk you through perfact through the phone.. i think it will be easier on you that way VS trying to tell you what to do on here
    09-07-09 04:16 PM
    I've used my dad's storm tons but I was trying to avoid having to call C.S as I HATE talking on the phone... However I will give them a call in a few...
    09-07-09 04:25 PM
    Try a battery pull
    09-07-09 04:30 PM
    Whoa wait a minute you just now have the right time. It sounds like your phone needs to be activated then registered to the network. The lady DID not setup your email how the heck could she do that without a password. God how I hate inept service people.

Lets start from scratch can you make a call?
    09-07-09 04:33 PM
    Yes, I can make a clal and YES I can text.... I re-activated it by doing *228 and have done a battery pull as well... She did set up my e-mail as I gave her my login/password....
    09-07-09 04:35 PM
    Just for future reference don't give people your login info.....now do this go to manage connections and tell me your services status
    09-07-09 04:38 PM
    Mobile voice
    Connection: mobile network
    Blackberry Internet Service
    Connection: not connected

Same with blackberry enterprise service..
    09-07-09 04:41 PM
    One quick question..... Top right corner of screen next to signal strenght what do you see .... 1X ? 1XEV..... 1x .....???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 04:46 PM
    1x ev
    (too short)
    09-07-09 04:47 PM
    ahhhh no data service thats a problem
    09-07-09 04:50 PM
    When you go to Mobile network options , is data services set to "on"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 04:50 PM
    Yes its on... I've done battery pulls... Nothing is working..
    09-07-09 04:51 PM
    GG1 can you pick this up got to go to airport to pickup wife thanks.....
    09-07-09 04:51 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD