buddy went from an 8330 to the tour, did a device switch wizard, his one and only account showed up on the tour.. programmed with *228 on verizon, phone/text works but no email, empty HRT and when you do register now, it says sent but nothing..

anyone seen thing?
    07-14-09 07:19 PM
    I had this situation when I got mine Sunday morning, but once I got home I was able to do the 'register now' in the HRT and everything worked out. Not sure why its not working for you. :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 07:26 PM
    Battery pull
    07-14-09 07:31 PM
    a phone call, they deleted accounts and re-created, a few battery pulls later it worked.

thanks, when i did mine.. it was instant!
    07-14-09 07:35 PM
    If you do indeed have a data plan with Verizon and are not seeing a capital 1XEV and then the signal bars try this.(if you have a 1xev you are not getting data)

Enter : ##000000
    Then hit Send
    You will see a whole mess of stuff come up. Scroll down to where you see "SIP User ID:" and "SIP Password:"
    In the "SIP Password:" area type "vzw"
    Then hit the BlackBerry key and select save.

Let the phone do its thing. You should then shortly see the Signal go to "1XEV".
    You also might check Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table
    And see if there is anything there. If there is not then hit that BlackBerry key and select Register Now.
    This will get you registered on the BlackBerry network and the rest should all work.

Hope this helps.
    07-14-09 07:39 PM
    thanks, i'll remember ##000000 forever
    07-14-09 09:53 PM
    I would like to transfer my windows address book to my storm. The address book is not in outlook, because I don't use it. It is the address book one can find under accessories in the start menu. Is this possible, or does someone have a trick?
    11-06-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD