Anyone with me? I honestly believe the Tour is the total package right now when it comes to a complete phone that does it all. I can't speak for those user with problems on their tour which is unfortunate, but if you have a good working unit, nothing out there can touch the Tour as an all in one device goes. I dare anyone to prove me wrong otherwise. Just don't come in and say "well this smartphone has the best browser" and then dismiss the quality of the other important feature of the phone(call quality,communication function,reliability/dependability,etc..).

Sure you have other phone that can do better on certain thing then the Tour does, but that's not the point. The point is that the Tour can do possibly just about anything you want it to do and be reliable in doing so. No phone is perfect, but the Tour comes close as far as bridging the gap between casual consumers/business and communication tool/multi-media. All of the reviews out there are nothing but high praise and many consider it to be the best all around phone, not just on a BB platform. Just check out Engadget, Cnet, laptopmag, BGR and tons of other sites. Not a single bad review that i can find(I've tried).

The Tour selling point:

-The screen looks fantastic and is one of the best of any phone(quality wise)
    - Physical keyboard is one of the best if not the best.
    - Battery life is amazing! A smartphone can't be what they are without a great battery life. Pre or iToy anyone?
    - All of the BB standards and what they're best known for: Push emails, LED notification, customization,social apps,shortcuts,camera/flash. etc.
    - Good multi-media function
    - Snappy and quick OS out of the box
    - Ergonomics is fantastic. Just the perfect size that fits in your hand or pockets comfortably.
    - Call quality/speaker are great(most important to me)
    - Its a world phone(need I say more?)
    - multi-tasking(had 10 aps open at once with minimum lag)
    -250 internal memory

The only thing I hate are the memory leak and long boot time, but the pros far out weigh the cons.

I might have missed other things, but these are what come up to mind. Well there you have it. The Tour does just about everything and it just work!
    Last edited by noized77; 10-30-09 at 09:53 PM.
    10-30-09 08:10 PM
    I'm a teenager, and picky with phones. I came from a Palm Pre, and a 32gig iPhone 3GS.

...and not going back.
    10-30-09 08:13 PM
    The Tour is the Best Blackberry I have owned so far!
    10-30-09 08:17 PM
    Ok, you win.
    10-30-09 08:18 PM
    It's too bad it has quality issues.
    10-30-09 08:20 PM
    even though im a tour user ... i i personally think that the storm 2 is the best Blackberry out now !!!!
    10-30-09 08:22 PM
    I've only had it since yesterday but as far as I can tell its by far the best berry I've owned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 08:24 PM
    Zach you dumped the itoy and joined the BB nation I will buy you a drink ! Now that guys got brains
    10-30-09 08:25 PM
    Blackberries are the best smatrphones ever....but I do think the Tour is ONE Of THE best smartphones ever...not The though...
    10-30-09 08:25 PM
    Storm 1 was a pos and cant see how storm 2 will be much better . My pearl was better than the storm ever was and The OP was right as the TOUR is the best Rim device out right now
    10-30-09 08:28 PM
    Great call quality, crisp screen and good battery life. All that combined with the messaging you get with a BlackBerry make the Tour an excellent smart phone. It's definitely the best for me.

10-30-09 08:32 PM
    lol iphone better than the tour thats a good one.

10-30-09 08:33 PM
    Thats what i was thinking and thats why i caLL IT A ITOY as that all it is a toy for teenagers The adults want a good device and thats why they go with a BB
    10-30-09 08:41 PM
    people have had lots of issues with the tour, and i just haven't. got mine the week after release and it's been the best phone i've ever owned since then.
    i love my tour, no matter what people say.
    amazing screen, perfect keyboard, clean OS and is the best phone for messaging, emails, etc.
    10-30-09 08:42 PM
    I have to agree with the OP.

10-30-09 08:45 PM
    I am due for an upgrade on November 9th and I am moving on to the Tour from the Curve 8330. I've been checking out my friend's Tour and I am so impressed with it. She moved from the Curve to the Tour and said it's the best decision she has ever made when it comes to a phone choice.
    10-30-09 08:50 PM
    I tried the Curve 8520 for a week and that trackpad is something I loved and can't wait to the Tour2 gets it.

The device itself is one heck of a smartphone. I thought I would miss wifi, but the data on Sprint has been fantastic and faster than at&t, thats for sure.

I'm not too high on the Andriod platform and all this Droid hype either.
    10-30-09 08:55 PM
    Don't believe the android hype unless you want just a multi-media phone just like the iphone. Traded my tour for the Hero and then traded it back in 2 days. Lol

Last edited by noized77; 10-30-09 at 09:04 PM.
    10-30-09 09:01 PM
    Don't believe the android hype unless you want just a multi-media phone. Traded my tour for the Hero and then traded it back in 2 days. Lol

Yeah I tried a few Android devices in random shops and its pathetic IMO.

I'd rather go back to a trusty Nseries Nokia
    10-30-09 09:03 PM
    It's too bad it has quality issues.
    HAD not has quality issues like most electronics do when they first come out. mine is a july 14th build and it has zero issues and never has.
    10-30-09 09:05 PM
    I agree and disagree with OP. Right now many will say the 9700 is the best BB and that is arguable but when the Tour2 (essex,9650) comes out, then i believe it will be hands down the best smartphone. For a phone to be recognized as the BEST, it needs all the bells and whistles which the Tour lacks right now (like wifi). I love my Tour and do think it is amazing but honestly, the Essex is what our Tours should have been to begin with.

10-30-09 09:11 PM
    After 3 BB storms, I must agree. The Tour is an awesome phone!
    10-30-09 09:12 PM
    I love my Tour! And I like the browser. It does what I need it to, and typically doesn't take long to get the info I need. Originally, I was between a Curve (Not sure which one, just that it was out the same time Tour came out) and I decided to pay more (significantly more) for the Tour -GPS and more memory. I'm glad I did! I use the GPS all the time!

I've used an iPhone's browser and was very unimpressed. Yes, it is the "whole" internet, but it was SLOW! I just tried pulling up a local news site and it took 15 minutes to load. No thanks. Give me quick internet with the option of being slow.
    Last edited by Mr.Monty; 10-31-09 at 12:49 AM.
    10-30-09 09:23 PM
    I said its the best phone out right now. Don't be comparing to phone that nobody have yet. Essex,9670 or whatever. Let those phone earn it themselves when their time comes.

Last edited by noized77; 10-30-09 at 09:26 PM.
    10-30-09 09:24 PM
    The Bold has more features and a better headphone jack location. If it wasn't for the app memory, I would say the Bold was better.
    10-30-09 09:26 PM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD