Will BestBuy offer the Tour on release day?
    06-28-09 09:17 PM
    No, I don't think Best buy is going to have it on release day, They should have it around the 20th. The instock date is the 16th but they won't get it that very day.
    06-28-09 09:21 PM
    I would imagine. They have had a lock of Sprint excusives for the last several phones and would imagine the trend will continue. With Circuit City out of the equation there really isn't anywhere else for them to go. An exclusive at Radio Shack just doesn't make sense if they want to move phones.
    06-28-09 09:21 PM
    When you buy a phone at best buy, are they able to give you the same discounts and such that you can get directly from Verizon, like NE2? I will be getting the Tour ASAP and would ideally like to get it from Best Buy in order to use up my gift cards, but obviously don't want to sacrifice my NE2 discount to buy it there.
    06-28-09 09:42 PM
    I'm in the same boat: I'm planning to get it at Best Buy to use up gift cards. I actually asked them about it about a month ago, and the sales rep said that although he couldn't say for sure, when the Storm was released they not only had it on the first day, but also took pre-orders leading up to release.

After Verizon officially announces their release date, I'm planning on asking them about it again. The rep said that they generally get phones the same day that carriers do, but that obviously doesn't mean that they will for ever phone in the future.
    06-28-09 09:44 PM
    When you buy a phone at best buy, are they able to give you the same discounts and such that you can get directly from Verizon, like NE2? I will be getting the Tour ASAP and would ideally like to get it from Best Buy in order to use up my gift cards, but obviously don't want to sacrifice my NE2 discount to buy it there.
    Yes they do! They can't do you any favors by bumping the date up, as Verizon sometimes does, but if you are eligible they can apply the discount.
    06-28-09 09:47 PM
    Yes they do! They can't do you any favors by bumping the date up, as Verizon sometimes does, but if you are eligible they can apply the discount.
    Do you know if they are able to help with things such as changing your phone number also? I just recently moved and need to change my phone number to reflect my new area code and location.
    06-28-09 09:54 PM
    Doesn't best buy have a great insurance plan? talking to a coworker who picked up her 8330 through Best Buy, she said that with Best Buys insurance they give you the full MSRP price of your current phone when choosing a new phone through their insurance plan.

So in theory if a new 8330 costs $600 straight up & and the Tour costs $650 straight up with no contracts... Then she could use her Best Buy insurance and pay the $50 difference to get the Tour.

I'm just going off what she said. She said her husband was able to do that with his phone when it broke. He got the MSRP of his phone and used it towards another and paid the difference.

I have no experience with Best Buy and mobile devices... Can anyone chime in on this? Cause that would be a great way to get the TOUR!
    06-29-09 01:08 AM
    Doesn't best buy have a great insurance plan? talking to a coworker who picked up her 8330 through Best Buy, she said that with Best Buys insurance they give you the full MSRP price of your current phone when choosing a new phone through their insurance plan.

So in theory if a new 8330 costs $600 straight up & and the Tour costs $650 straight up with no contracts... Then she could use her Best Buy insurance and pay the $50 difference to get the Tour.

I'm just going off what she said. She said her husband was able to do that with his phone when it broke. He got the MSRP of his phone and used it towards another and paid the difference.

I have no experience with Best Buy and mobile devices... Can anyone chime in on this? Cause that would be a great way to get the TOUR!
    CompUSA did this with their videocards. But i have heard horror stories too often about people dealing with BestBuy's insurance.
    06-29-09 01:14 AM
    In Canada we're expecting it on the release date. I'm a BB Mobile employee.

CompUSA did this with their videocards. But i have heard horror stories too often about people dealing with BestBuy's insurance.
    The PEP plan we offer for phones is actually quite good, far better then the PSP's and PRP's offered on other products Best Buy sells. I can honestly say I'll be buying it when I get my Tour.
    06-29-09 01:58 AM

The PEP plan we offer for phones is actually quite good, far better then the PSP's and PRP's offered on other products Best Buy sells. I can honestly say I'll be buying it when I get my Tour.
    i can cosign on this, the pep program Best Buy is great.
    My friend and co-worker had it on his 8330 and when the volume button broke on it he gave it to customer service and they offered him to pay another $50 and get a 8900 instead of just a straight up exchange for another 8330. they then proceeded to copy everything off his old phone right onto his brand new 8900 all while he worked in a different department and brought it to him after (I work at a best buy location if you haven't yet noticed) the pep program also covers everything down to water and physical damage. IMHO it is the best insurance plan offered for any cellular device and I'm not just saying that because i work there
    06-29-09 07:37 AM
    good to hear, maybe i'll consider doing this if they have it in on release. especially now that verizon/asurion is raising the insurance fees and deductible on smart phones.
    06-29-09 09:32 AM
    the way it works at my store it depends on who is speak to if the phone is not defective or does not have any problems then unfortunately no they wont but again that is just my store some stores do not care but i have to say if you talk to the right person they most likely can get it done for you
    06-29-09 03:20 PM

How much would the PEP cost for the Tour?
    06-29-09 03:32 PM
    Yeah how much is the bb insurance?
    And will it be an instant rebate?
    Can you guys transfer my phone book?
    07-02-09 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD