Has it been officially confirmed that the Tour will now work on their HSPA network that launches in the fall or has it just been speculation up until this point in time? I'm not very familiar with how the frequency setup is for HSPA devices so maybe is it possible a software update could alter the frequency that the tour runs on to work with the new network?
    08-20-09 02:15 AM
    the tour will work. and so will the storm confirmed from telus DNA
    08-20-09 02:21 AM
    I really hope your right, there is so much conflicting info right now
    08-20-09 02:34 AM
    What will be the difference with HSPA anyway?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 07:54 AM
    Umm. From what I understood the Tour doesn't support North American HSPA frequencies, only European.

It would be really awesome if it did work on the new HSPA network but I suspect they will release all new devices when they launch (Onyx, Storm2)

08-20-09 10:42 AM
    I have a Bell Mobility account and live in a small area that gets so-so coverage. Move 1/2 km in any direction and I get much stronger signals. I've complained to Bell about this a few times. I did so a couple of days ago and spoke with a Technical Service rep. He claimed a number of times that ALL of their phones will benefit from the improvements they are currently making to their system. We'll see.
    08-20-09 11:16 AM
    I tried to switch my Bell Tour over to GSM today to see if I get a network. No joy at all. Was able to connect to the Rogers 2G but no 3G. Anyone else try it? Am I just in a 3G dead spot?
    11-04-09 09:02 AM
    It will not work..... It has been confirmed!

11-04-09 09:57 AM
    It will not work..... It has been confirmed!
    Is the any explanation? Why won't it work? Any workaround?

Thanks,
    Todd
    11-04-09 10:07 AM
    Hspa frequency is for europe only. You must get the new phones like the 9700 for example to be on Bell's new network. Bummer!

11-04-09 10:13 AM
    Hspa frequency is for europe only. You must get the new phones like the 9700 for example to be on Bell's new network. Bummer!

100% confirmed. Tour will never work on Bell HSPA or Telus HSPA, neither will Storm. No chance.
    11-04-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD