I was looking at the VZW website and the 360 slide, it looks as if the back cover is still the cheap looking plastic one. I say that because the Engadget one seems to be a test unit. At least by the sticker on the back. But it looks so much nicer. Does anyone think that the Verizon web site may be wrong? Or an Aftermarket option?
    Last edited by baggyp; 07-01-09 at 02:39 PM.
    07-01-09 02:33 PM
    This is purely speculation, but my guess is that we'll see ones like in the engadget unboxing. Their unboxing is of the most recent units sent out. I'm sure that Verizon has been working on their web content for some time now and had an older unit, or were just using older images.

The review units being sent out should be from the same batch as what is shipping to stores.
    07-01-09 02:35 PM
    this cover looks awesome!
    07-01-09 05:24 PM
    this cover looks awesome!
    Agree!!
    07-01-09 05:27 PM
    I love the soft-plastic feel. I just hope that's the one it comes with. I think the carbon fiber looking middle sets it off perfect!

Off topic: Any news on a charging station? Check this link out and let me know what you think.

Review: BlackBerry Power Station w/ Extra Battery Charger | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by baggyp; 07-01-09 at 07:23 PM.
    07-01-09 07:16 PM
    i also love the CF look on that cover....bad ***
    07-01-09 08:46 PM
    yea, I agree, the cover has either come a long way, or previous pictures really didn't do it justice until now
    07-01-09 09:24 PM
    no fingerprints on this new one, thankfully.
    07-01-09 09:44 PM
    The back cover looks different but very nice>>>> Can't wait to get this sexy beast!!!!
    07-01-09 09:49 PM
    I believe the Engadget one is an actual VZW unit so it looks like that's the one we'll be seeing.
    07-01-09 09:54 PM
    This is purely speculation, but my guess is that we'll see ones like in the engadget unboxing. Their unboxing is of the most recent units sent out. I'm sure that Verizon has been working on their web content for some time now and had an older unit, or were just using older images.

The review units being sent out should be from the same batch as what is shipping to stores.
    Exactly my thoughts. These unboxings are the most recent pictures we have. I am going to go ahead and say that this is what the back is going to look like. I mean, its branded "Verizon" for God's sake!
    07-01-09 10:07 PM
    The battery covers have the carbon fibre/fiber look. If that doesn't work for you, no worries, there will be aftermarket covers available soon.
    07-01-09 10:17 PM
    The battery covers have the carbon fibre/fiber look. If that doesn't work for you, no worries, there will be aftermarket covers available soon.
    CRUCIAL UR BACK!!!!
    07-01-09 10:19 PM
    yeah i wished they used a metal door like the storm.
    07-01-09 10:33 PM

actually call someone and give them major props on the change.. this one looks great..

I like the pleather back on the bold but man this is exciting!
    07-02-09 12:52 AM
    actually call someone and give them major props on the change.. this one looks great..

I like the pleather back on the bold but man this is exciting!
    agreed!
    i would've died (well...no) with the fingerprint filled back. my OCD would be flaring. or i'd have to buy a different back after the fact, but i'm really diggin' this one!
    07-02-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD