New user-excuse my lack of technical prowess. My Tour is about one year old, and has already depleted one battery. I rarely ever let my Berry power run completely dead, but today it ran to complete shutdown. Plugged it in to charge-been two hours and all I get is a blinking red indicator. Phone will not power on, I have pulled the battery, tried it all. Every now and then when trying to power on, I get a depleted charge bar with a lightning bolt symbol. Do I have another junk battery, or does anyone more advanced have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    07-10-10 08:50 PM
    That really just sounds like a bad battery. Get a new one.
    07-10-10 09:20 PM
    Thanks pb....thought that may be the problem. Nice to have someone more knowledgeable reinforce my theory. Appreciate the response, being a newbie and all that.
    07-10-10 09:39 PM
    Are you charging via USB or the wall charger? USB charges rather slowly, sometimes to the point it doesn't seem to be doing anything at all...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 10:44 PM
    Wall charger, tried car charger-nothing seems to work.
    07-10-10 11:13 PM
    Sometimes, when you deplete a battery to the point where it's totally 'flat', you can cause the polarity to reverse, rendering the battery totally useless and dead forever - unable to recharge. They do make chargers that can correct this phenomenon, but I haven't seen them for these types of batteries. You should always shut the phone down when the capacity reaches 5-10% to avoid damaging the battery. Never let the phone die on its own. The one thing I don't like about this phone is I don't get a 'low battery' warning. I have to keep an eye on my levels as I talk.
    07-12-10 12:06 AM
    Iv had mine for a year as well and my battery is fine. Its either your charger or you need a new battery.
    07-12-10 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD