Just posted!
    07-13-09 01:20 PM
    Just posted!
    $429... apparently Telus is smoking something especially on a 3 year contract and initial price of 599...
    07-13-09 01:24 PM
    Oops, you're right. $429 for 3 years has GOT to be a typo.

Those are CAD, don't forget. Look at the Storm, it's now $149/3 years CAD. I'm sure eventually this one will drop as well.
    Last edited by andy957; 07-13-09 at 01:28 PM.
    07-13-09 01:25 PM
    Something I just noticed

why does the Telus list it as 16GB memory yet the Bell says

MicroSD slot Expandable memory up to 32GB

?? whos got the typo?
    07-13-09 01:30 PM
    Oops, you're right. $429 for 3 years has GOT to be a typo.

Those are CAD, don't forget. Look at the Storm, it's now $149/3 years CAD. I'm sure eventually this one will drop as well.
    Yeah it is a typo, if you add it to your cart it is $299 which still kind of sucks but better than $429
    07-13-09 01:39 PM
    it will actully be update soon im sure, the price is 229.99 on 3 years, just wait and see.
    07-13-09 01:40 PM
    Something I just noticed

?? whos got the typo?
    16 is what is available for sale now but when 32 comes out on the market it will be usable in the Tour. That's what they mean
    07-13-09 01:41 PM
    Something I just noticed

?? whos got the typo?
    OS 4.7 supports up to 16GB mem cards.
    OS 5.0 will support up to 32GB mem cards.
    07-13-09 01:42 PM
    for those in the other thread. it will be 229 on a 3 year cotnract. this is from an INTERNAL BULLETIN.
    07-13-09 01:43 PM
    Update: been on phone with Telus for 15 mins. The stores get the phones first; ordering online or over the phone with Client Care will delay your shipment by ~2 weeks. Just a heads-up.
    07-13-09 01:57 PM
    Update: been on phone with Telus for 15 mins. The stores get the phones first; ordering online or over the phone with Client Care will delay your shipment by ~2 weeks. Just a heads-up.
    I lost you on this one. Online states clearly 2-5 days. Are you talking about ordering thru CS there will be a delay ?
    07-13-09 02:04 PM
    Something I just noticed

?? whos got the typo?
    consider that 32gb cards dont exist and the if what someone else said in this thread is truwe that u need os 5.0 to get 32gb cards to work i wouldnt go near that. u need an os upgrade to get curves to work with over 4gb and my phone goes slow as ****. this crap better not continue on this berry

client care is slightly wrong. ordering from the webstore wont delay ur shipment. ordering from client care could. all orders are processed by one department. orders go out on a first come first served basis. so when u put in that order the stock goes out.

i worked in telus inventory and handled these orders. only delays is if its out of stock.
    07-13-09 02:05 PM
    consider that 32gb cards dont exist and the if what someone else said in this thread is truwe that u need os 5.0 to get 32gb cards to work i wouldnt go near that. u need an os upgrade to get curves to work with over 4gb and my phone goes slow as ****. this crap better not continue on this berry

client care is slightly wrong. ordering from the webstore wont delay ur shipment. ordering from client care could. all orders are processed by one department. orders go out on a first come first served basis. so when u put in that order the stock goes out.

i worked in telus inventory and handled these orders. only delays is if its out of stock.
    That makes more sense.

Thanks
    07-13-09 02:08 PM
    Yeah, I was just curious why one lists it as 16, while the other states 32.
    07-13-09 02:10 PM
    Yeah, I was just curious why one lists it as 16, while the other states 32.

well telus website always has errors so not surprising. then again bell published an ad about winning a pre and it had a treo pro. so lets both website editors are idiots lol.

buti f that o.s. thing is true im not going near a 32gb card on this berry. cuz i can see the same slowgn down crap happening again
    07-13-09 02:40 PM
    Wait does this mean they're in the stores now or? How do we know when we can get it in store? I'm just happy $599 since Bell was $699! Ugh can't believe I'm paying full price for a new phone, God I hate my STORM!
    07-13-09 02:45 PM
    well telus website always has errors so not surprising. then again bell published an ad about winning a pre and it had a treo pro. so lets both website editors are idiots lol.

buti f that o.s. thing is true im not going near a 32gb card on this berry. cuz i can see the same slowgn down crap happening again
    Just hold tight with that 16GB card for now. I'm sure you'll read all kinds of reviews here on CB once the 32GB cards and OS 5.0 come out.
    I'm using a 4GB card on my Curve, and it provides me with adequate mem for my tunes (...though I hate having to delete some stuff just to free some space).
    Will probably buy a 8GB card for the Tour though.
    07-13-09 02:48 PM
    Hey guys, I am a telus user, but I was just in a bell store (in Uxbridge, Ontario) and they have the tours in store (played with one) they said it was launch day. They had it 249.99 (like their website) and it had no micro SD card in the box.....anyone been into a telus store?
    Only way is to call your local store tosee what they say. They may or may not tell you much yet.
    Just hold tight with that 16GB card for now. I'm sure you'll read all kinds of reviews here on CB once the 32GB cards and OS 5.0 come out.
    I'm using a 4GB card on my Curve, and it provides me with adequate mem for my tunes (...though I hate having to delete some stuff just to free some space).
    Will probably buy a 8GB card for the Tour though.
    Behzad do you or anyone know when this 32 is coming out ? Is it close or miles away ?
    07-13-09 02:50 PM
    Behzad do you or anyone know when this 32 is coming out ? Is it close or miles away ?
    To be honest I'm not sure when the technology will be released. It's actually not a cellular phone thing -- more of the tech hitting the market.

OS 5.0 is set for a release in the Fall based on what I've been reading. Should be great...though don't expect a night/day difference from OS 4.7. The look/feel should be familiar, with some nice new features.
    07-13-09 02:53 PM
    Wait does this mean they're in the stores now or? How do we know when we can get it in store? I'm just happy $599 since Bell was $699! Ugh can't believe I'm paying full price for a new phone, God I hate my STORM!

should be in stores tomorrow. nobody will get it today
    07-13-09 02:56 PM
    Only way is to call your local store tosee what they say. They may or may not tell you much yet.
    i called 3 stores in Ottawa and one didn't have a clue, one I think the guy was napping and the main store I deal with said their release is scheduled for wednesday. The other 2 didn't even know it was online yet.

I'll be in line that morning.

BTW....if you add the phone now as a new customer online it shows as $229
    07-13-09 03:03 PM
    I just called the guy I have been dealing with at the Telus "Office of the president" (long story)
    He is checking now with his inventory department if it is availiable to be shipped today, and if not today when it can be shipped
    07-13-09 03:06 PM
    i called 3 stores in Ottawa and one didn't have a clue, one I think the guy was napping and the main store I deal with said their release is scheduled for wednesday. The other 2 didn't even know it was online yet.

I'll be in line that morning.

BTW....if you add the phone now as a new customer online it shows as $229

standing in line is a waste of ur time. delivery guys depending on location arrive anywhere between 11 and 2pm.

if u want to save some time call the telus store and ask what time do the delivery guys show up on average everyday. Thats the time to aim for. They might not tell u this because it may seem like ur trying to hijack a load of shipments but they might realize ur just antsy and tell u
    07-13-09 03:55 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD