All other functions working fine. When trying to view videos I get ' an error has occurred trying to play video'. Just switched over today. Had to call cust service for email other than that I haven't noticed a prob except videos. Help ! Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 02:38 PM
    All other functions working fine. When trying to view videos I get ' an error has occurred trying to play video'. Just switched over today. Had to call cust service for email other than that I haven't noticed a prob except videos. Help ! Thanks.

You know what?

When I used my Blackberry Tour overseas with a Prepaid BIS carrier, I had the same issue...youtube videos would not play for some reason.

I actually tried it on two different carriers in Central america that both offered prepaid BIS and it did not work on any.
    07-18-10 03:34 PM
    No Flash - No YouTube! ...at least not quality video! It'll stutter and pixilate.
    07-18-10 04:38 PM
    No Flash - No YouTube! ...at least not quality video! It'll stutter and pixilate.
    Never had a problem playing videos before on Sprint. Not sure wat you mean by 'no flash no YouTube'.

07-18-10 05:02 PM
    I 2nd that mcg, I have a prepaid 8330 on boost/sprint and it works great for youtube. Plays the HQ full screen versions with a few stutters depending on my location. Been playing them since the first day of activation. I have no idea what the problem is. It may be carrier related. Or maybe they are on BES?

Edit: just thought of something, Open the pictures folder, select Menu/Options and see what your device memory limit is. Mine is set to 5mb. Idk but this may have an effect on your ability to play larger media files.
    Last edited by albee 1; 07-18-10 at 05:17 PM.
    07-18-10 05:12 PM
    Its been my understanding that YouTube videos are Flash videos and BBs are not Flash enabled. Therefore, viewing a Flash video is with degraded quality - although, it can be done.

07-18-10 05:21 PM
    With the exception of a few signal related problems,youtube videos have played with good quality on both my bb`s. Flash is not the problem.
    07-18-10 06:03 PM
    Thanks for the advice albee. I switched back to my 9700. I didn't realize how much I liked its features. It just plain works. The Tour will make a good backup or maybe some extra $!

07-18-10 08:32 PM
    Thanks for the advice albee. I switched back to my 9700. I didn't realize how much I liked its features. It just plain works. The Tour will make a good backup or maybe some extra $!

Perhaps it is an issue of YouTube not working on EDGE. If you switch from 3G to EDGE on your 9700, does YouTube work?
    07-18-10 08:41 PM
    Yes, it worked. It buffered several times. This maybe a dumb question but what is difference in 'edge' and 'EDGE'?

07-18-10 08:57 PM
    Yes, it worked. It buffered several times. This maybe a dumb question but what is difference in 'edge' and 'EDGE'?

one is lowercase and the other is uppercase lol :P

but seriously, lower case edge means you are not connected to BIS and upper case means you are.
    07-18-10 10:58 PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/dif...7/#post2639542
    07-18-10 11:03 PM
    youtube doesn't use Flash on their mobile website.....

and yes you can watch You Tube on mobile devices.

Apple doesn't support flash and it works PERFECTLY, WinMo Doesn't support flash and it works PERFECTLY.... Android doesn't support flash 100% in every device and it works PERFECTLY..... and 99.9% of every blackberry works PERFECTLY....

Bolt Browser doesn't support flash but it'll play youtube videos........

IIRC YouTube just kicked their mobile site over to HTML5 .... i don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it shouldn't.
    07-19-10 07:44 AM
    If my statement is wrong, I sincerely apologize. My statement regarding Flash was made based on information I have gleaned from doing research as to why i couldn't watch Youtube videos on my Tour or Bold. Honestly, I don't really know what Flash is or how it works ...I just know I have it on my Windows machine and I don't have it on my BB. Again, my apologies! ...guess that's what I get for attempting to discuss a subject I know nothing about.

BTW, what is "IIRC"?
    07-19-10 11:24 AM
    BTW, what is "IIRC"?
    If I remember correctly.
    07-19-10 11:33 AM
    If my statement is wrong, I sincerely apologize. My statement regarding Flash was made based on information I have gleaned from doing research as to why i couldn't watch Youtube videos on my Tour or Bold. Honestly, I don't really know what Flash is or how it works ...I just know I have it on my Windows machine and I don't have it on my BB. Again, my apologies! ...guess that's what I get for attempting to discuss a subject I know nothing about.

BTW, what is "IIRC"?
    IIRC : " If I Remember Correct(ly)

YouTube over a Computer does use flash. That is 100% correct, as of today, but they are switching to HTML5, if my memory serves me correctly.

m.youtube.com which is the mobile site is HTML5, and doesn't use flash (.flv) files to transfer media.

you are 100% spot on when it come to the full version, but the mobile version is different since no phone supports flash (other than android 2.2 powered devices).
    Last edited by mjneid; 07-19-10 at 12:18 PM.
    07-19-10 11:38 AM
    ...m.youtube.com which is the mobile site is HTML5, and doesn't use flash (.flv) files to transfer media.
    Thanks! You just gave me ammo to do more research.
    07-19-10 11:57 AM
    Once again the Crackberry nation gets to the bottom of it. I'm impressed. If I understand correctly 'edge' will not play videos from the internet? Does signal strength determine 'edge' vs 'EDGE'?

07-19-10 01:11 PM
    Once again the Crackberry nation gets to the bottom of it. I'm impressed. If I understand correctly 'edge' will not play videos from the internet? Does signal strength determine 'edge' vs 'EDGE'?

Yes. 10 char
    07-19-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD