Hi there all!

I have a peculiar issue with a 9630 Tour. It has no mms option, not in the messages, sms, options or anywhere. It is a phone my uncle shipped to me from the US as I am in South Africa. It is a Verizon phone that has been unlocked and I am using it on our local GSM network, Vodacom. It doesn't even give the option to send a picture via mms... I know it should have MMS capability, so is there anyone who knows how I could fix this problem?
    09-17-09 08:24 AM
    You could download the OS Update from Blackberry.com or Verizon Wireless and reinstall the original operating system that includes MMS. But you may have to unlock it again after the install.
    09-17-09 08:28 AM
    You could download the OS Update from Blackberry.com or Verizon Wireless and reinstall the original operating system that includes MMS. But you may have to unlock it again after the install.
    Firstly, thanks for replying so quickly! I have wiped my phone with JL_Cmdr, downloaded and installed the Verizon and Sprint OS's as well as am now running 5.0.0.191. And none of them solved my issue... Could it be Verizon had somehow removed the MMS option/functionality in the firmware?
    09-17-09 10:02 AM
    No you need the verizon service books.
    09-17-09 10:26 AM
    No you need the verizon service books.
    Hi! Do you know how I can get my hands on the service books?
    09-17-09 10:36 AM
    Are you sure the local carrier (Vodacom, right?) has this available?
    Is it included in your plan?
    Double-check both of these, as both the device and the carrier must allow it for this to show.

I am on TELUS, which does NOT allow MMS from smartphones for some ridiculous reason, and the option appears nowhere in my phone.
    Even what would be called the SMS/MMS inbox is just called SMS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 10:48 AM
    you could call customer service and have them sent to your phone
    09-18-09 10:43 AM
    The verizon tour works the same way as the storm. You will need to load the service books for it. Without loading the service books you will not be able to use the browser, MMS, etc.....
    09-18-09 12:00 PM
    I have a the same issue with the same phone as well. I just think the mms options doesnt get installed when loading the os. Is there a way of doing it ? I am also in South Africa, with a blackberry tour on Vodacom. At the momement i am busy downloadinf 4.7.1.52 which i hope is gona solve the issue for me.
    09-19-09 06:17 AM
    No luck witht he upgrade. Tried to install the mms files manually and no luck on that as well. @Tokalosh: have you tried calling vodacom and asked them to send you the service books for mms ?
    09-21-09 04:46 AM
    Try installing service books from either att or tmobile and check if that helps
    09-21-09 03:08 PM
    any idea on where i can get it ?
    09-21-09 03:11 PM
    Got it fixed. Wiped my device with JL_Cmder. Installed os 5.0.0.230 and mms is now working !
    09-30-09 06:37 AM
    Thanks to all! I got it fixed. Was a service book issue. I had them resend it to me 3 times and it finally worked. Although now I how a browser issue...
    10-04-09 08:41 AM
    why dont you install os 5? all my problems went way with doing that and the phone is 10x better now as well.
    10-04-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD