I've always had issues with bluetooth on my tour. I've owned this phone since July 2009, right after it came out on my carrier. The bluetooth has always been atrocious. 4.7 or any version of 5.x, no one could hear me.

The closest is 5.0 release that is near working right is .419 for my phone. And why is it for my phone? What is this - it's hardware. There shouldn't have to be a settle-in period, and it shouldn't vary so much from device to device.

Now, with .975, the Bluetooth shuts off if my phone shuts off, and does not come back on when it powers up - a handy feature for those of us that use the shut-down/start-up on schedule feature. Then when I do go to turn it back on, it takes several attempts to enable it.

I love every other aspect of my tour. With this device I've put up with poor battery life, awful bluetooth and a slow browser, and they've fixed all the other issues EXCEPT THE DAMN BLUETOOTH.

Ok, enough ranting. Thanks in advance to everyone who says "my bluetooth is fine", mine isn't and it is the same bluetooth earpiece I had with my old 8830 where it was clear and flawless. So help me out, someone. how do we fix this problem?
    11-17-10 12:34 PM
    I presume that I'm the lone wolf - that everyone's bluetooth works just perfectly? Or that I'm now officially a member of the Dead Horse Society (I want my club jacket).

I've gone back to .419. At least there the Bluetooth didn't shut off, necessitating endless "Enable Bluetooth" selections until the frigging thing decided to even try to enable Bluetooth.

I need a new phone. The Tour has been so problematic - not on everything, but on simple basic things. This is, after all, A PHONE. I have always had to cajole it a bit into acting like one, at least over BT.
    11-19-10 07:32 AM
    My bluetooth works perfectly in my audi... (newest Sprint OS)
    11-19-10 08:24 AM
    I had that issue with 975 I think it was but it's better on the newest from sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 10:51 AM
    I've never had good audio quality on bluetooth. That is my bigger issue. I don't link to a car, it's to a headset. Does ANYONE have strong audio on a headset over bt with a Tour?
    11-19-10 11:26 AM
    From what I have read, some of the other posters have hit the nail on the head - Bluetooth operations are closely tied to your OS. You could try the new Sprint OS or try to find a hybrid that works better with Bluetooth. Good luck.
    11-19-10 01:24 PM
    I've stuck w/ 419, I use B/T for my Plantronics Voyager Pro headset.

Anything higher and I can't hear callers on my end in a "noisy environment", such as "driving a car"??? Heard the 4 series had louder B/T.

People can't believe I'm on a headset on there end. Haven't tried my headset with any other phones.
    11-23-10 12:20 PM
    My voice dialing quit working after a while when I had Bluetooth connectivity with my VM-605 speakerphone in my car. No real idea why, it just does this weird beep after I hold down the speakerphone for a few seconds to activate the voice dialing. Real frustrating and I haven't found a fix for it yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-10 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD