I recently upgraded from a Curve to a Tour 9630. It doesnt work with Acura's handsfree link. Acura's site states this is one of the 2 not compatible BB's.(storm2 is the other) Any solutions?
    05-16-10 01:32 PM
    Well as I see it you have two choices:

1.) Buy a car that the phone is compatible with;
    2.) Buy a phone that the car is compatible with;

The only other option may be to contact Acura and see if there is an update that you can do on the car that will possibly make it compatible, but that is a longshot.
    05-16-10 03:14 PM
    I use my blackberry tour 9630 with my acura hands free with no problem. What kind of issues are you having?

And yes, the website says that my phone is not compatible with my car. I think they test all phones for every feature, and if it fails one thing, they will list it as incompatible. For example, if it fails to show battery level or roaming status, they might fail it even though it makes and receives calls with no issues.
    05-17-10 08:44 AM
    I've used my Blackberry tour successfully with my 2006 RL for over a year. However, recently (since an OS upgrade on the BB?) it will frequently drop incoming calls from the handsfree. Not all calls, but enough to make me a little crazy. I've tried reseting the phone, deleteing and re-pairing. Nothing has worked so far.

I have not yet had an opportunity to contact Acura to see if there's a software fix.
    05-17-10 08:59 AM
    I recently upgraded from a Curve to a Tour 9630. It doesnt work with Acura's handsfree link. Acura's site states this is one of the 2 not compatible BB's.(storm2 is the other) Any solutions?
    What problems are you having? Me and my friend both have tours & use them in our Acuras and have phones linked to car.
    05-17-10 10:12 AM
    I shudder when I see Acura HFL.

For whatever reason, the Acura HFL has to be the most uncooperative and unpredictable Bluetooth devices out there. I've experienced a lot of frustration with that.

From what I've read, a lot depends on the year/model and the device that you are trying to pair...but to say that it is unpredictable is an understatement.

Just keep at it. Sooner or later you'll get it paired.
    05-17-10 12:21 PM
    What year and model Acura do you have?

I work for an Acura service dept. and the Tour pairs with every Acura I've tried including my 2007 TL Type-S. The only problem I've run into with the Tour once the phone is paired is that occasionally theres a problem when initiating a call. It'll say "The Phone is in use" and will not allow you to make a call. From what I understand this is a Blackberry software issue and is resolved by doing a soft reset or a battery pull on your phone.

Edit: Forget to mention that there is no software update available through Acura to add compatibility...only hardware replacements that come identical to the original units
    Last edited by JoLo83; 05-17-10 at 01:39 PM. Reason: More info...
    05-17-10 01:28 PM
    I shudder when I see Acura HFL.

For whatever reason, the Acura HFL has to be the most uncooperative and unpredictable Bluetooth devices out there. I've experienced a lot of frustration with that.

From what I've read, a lot depends on the year/model and the device that you are trying to pair...but to say that it is unpredictable is an understatement.

Just keep at it. Sooner or later you'll get it paired.
    I have a 2009 TL and have had zero problems pairing my Tour (or the Motorola Q9c that I had before) with it.
    05-17-10 04:04 PM
    Like many in this community, I began to experience problems with my 9630 immediately after upgrading to Verizon's 5.0.0.591. I had the browser click issue that many of you had/have along with an issue with the connectivity between my phone and my Acura HandsFree Link. In spite of the fact that the phone shows as unsupported by HFL, mine worked extremely well until the upgrade. Then, inexplicably, I began to loose the Bluetooth connection when I answered incoming calls from the steering wheel controls; not all calls but enough to be problematic.

I tried battery pulls, deleting and re-pairing...monkeying with phone settings. Nothing worked.

Then I called Verizon tech. I explained the problem and the first question the rep asked was "did I do the upgrade over the phone or the desktop application". When I told her it was over the phone she said that was my likely problem.

The fix is to wipe the old OS from the phone and reinstall it. I did it yesterday and so far (knocking wood here) my phone is performing MUCH better.

In case you don't know how, here's the sequence:

Open the BB Desktop AP.

Click "Back up and Restore" and BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA!

Next, from the Main Menu click "Application Loader" then START under the "Add/Remove Applications"

Click "Settings" then be sure to check "Delete all application data..." and also "Erase all currently installed applications"

Click "Okay" and you're off.

The process takes about 30 minutes and requires to your reconfigure your phone to your personal preferences again, but for me it was well worth it.

I hope it helps.
    Edit/Delete Message
    05-18-10 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD