Ok, I've had my new tour now a couple weeks now, I've had a few quirks that I've figured out. But I have this one thing that is bothering me. I know what the guy at the verizon store told me, but he gives me the impression he's just guessing at more than he actually knows so I thought I'd come here. I've always gotten good responses from all my fellow addicts... LOL I listen to my music on my Tour, probably more than I use if for a phone. And I have what I think is an awesome set of earphones and I'd rather not stop using them. When I was listening to music on my Curve and got a phone call, I'd have to talk into the phone but I could hear the other person talking thru the earphones. With my Tour, I have to unplug my earphones to hear. I'm just wondering why that is? Is that just the way the Tours are made? Is there a setting I need to go to? Is there anyway that I can use these earphones in that capacity? Like I said, it worked with my Curve, I don't understand why it won't work the same way with the Tour? Oh, and by the way, I've tried a battery pull... I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Kerry
    09-11-09 11:34 AM
    Im not sure what the problem is with urs, but I can talk through the headphones on my Tour when someone calls me.

i dont use the headphones that came with the phone, I went and got my own, but still, not sure why yours wouldnt work
    09-11-09 11:42 AM
    it all depends on the headphones. i have to unplug my headphones to hear the person on the other end, but I knew that when I bought them . . . the sales person actually showed me. The male end of the headphone jack is different based on what the headphones will do. The bb headphones that come with the phone have a mic built into the headphones, but the male end of the jack is similar to the ones mjbesen310 has in that it tells the tour to send the sound through the headphones during calls. Premium earbuds have the info on the box on whether you can use them during a call or not. hope this helps.
    09-11-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD