for me, it's a good thing that verizon isn't getting the onyx because i don't think i could wait til sept! haha i have been dying to upgrade my phone since april!
    06-18-09 08:31 PM
    Really? If you have a half decent home internet connection, it will whip the **** out of any 3G network.
    Downloading files, yes. Browsing? No.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 08:48 PM
    Really? If you have a half decent home internet connection, it will whip the **** out of any 3G network.
    Not in browsing it won't.... in order to get the benefit of a higher speed connection in web-browsing, the phone has to be capable of rendering webpages at fairly high speed, and if you'll remember what we've got here, it's a browser written in JAVA running on a Virtual Machine running on a CPU that is (on the fastest production BlackBerry right now) half the clock speed of what's in your typical netbook, not to mention ARMs are meant for embedded devices, they aren't meant for outright processing power, as say a Core or a Turion is. Trust me on this, my HTC Mogul loaded pages about the same speed whether I was on WiFi or EV-DO.

As for the 8930 and 9030, these devices were rumored at one point, with the Niagara actually being numbered 9030 at one point... but at some point the Niagara got re numbered and all news of the 9030 and the 8930 Jupiter dried up. I don't think anyone has mentioned anything else about either model number for some time now
    06-19-09 01:06 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD