I love my droid i am not at all missing my 8330. **** i am getting annoyed with the droid and some of its problems. force close on stock apps is driving me NUTS, cannot set ringtone for messaging??? the top half of the phone has gotten loose and every time i push on the screen it taps the bottom half. some times when im done off the phone it will stay blank and i will hafto do a battery pull on the droid.

now the good stuff. the screen is very nice, i am not huge touchscreen fan but its pretty haha. the browser is quick and renders great, LOTS of apps to get some crap some good some great. i personally thing the slide out keyboard is great, took some time to get useto but its great. really fast i have never had it lag unless i get a force close error. free navigation is awsome but is not needed by me. speaker phone speaker is amazing loud and clear. earpiece is amazing as well. the battery life is Great contrary to what others say, i mean come on its a huge touch screen with a fast processor and all that so yea i think its pretty good running on a 1400 mhz? battery. i LOVE how if you hook it to the tape player adapter to a car it brodcasts voice to the car speakers along with ring tones so its a hands free expierence!!

given all that i have had it day of release and yes there is some annoying problems, some which i cannot overlook on it but there is an update comming dec 11th i believe to fix some issues.

i myself am probably going back to blackberry tour 2 most likley because i find myself loving the stability and the design of the keypad more than a touchscreen. but droid for media and web browsing is great.

hope it helped and feel free to pm me if you have any other questions!!
    jason

P.S. the capacitive touch screen is annoying (if that is the right term) because you bearly press on the screen it will always select what you did not want!!! unlike the storm 2 sure press
    11-28-09 05:58 PM
    I would agree with many of the things on this thread, posted by both sides. I've had my Tour for about three months and love it. My wife just got the Motorola Droid yesterday. I've played with her new phone more than she has, and there are many differences to be had. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that the Droid is as intuitive as the BB. It seems I have to search much harder to find what I'm looking for, for example, the IM'ing choices. I just accidently found the Google Talk after much searching. Call me crazy, but I would have thought the anything Google related would have been MUCH easier to find. In spite of my complaints/comments, the Droid is a fun phone, but I think, for now anyway, I like the BB more.
    11-28-09 06:11 PM
    One more thing, I would definitely agree with the comments on the battery life. The BB is nothing to write home about, but the wife's Droid has probably half the battery left as my BB so far today. Been pretty busy on both phones today, too.
    11-28-09 06:14 PM
    I noticed last night that I can plug my tour into my car speakers and play Pandora and my mp3s that way, it was great. I used the tape player as well. Instead of plugging in my ipod I plugged in my Tour. Wow sounded great!( Someone above mentioned that was one reason they loved the Droid) well try that with the Tour it also works great. Of course I'm one of the Droid returners, happier with a BB. To each their own, we are all right

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 11:01 PM
    I noticed last night that I can plug my tour into my car speakers and play Pandora and my mp3s that way, it was great. I used the tape player as well. Instead of plugging in my ipod I plugged in my Tour. Wow sounded great!( Someone above mentioned that was one reason they loved the Droid) well try that with the Tour it also works great. Of course I'm one of the Droid returners, happier with a BB. To each their own, we are all right

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah allphones will do that I believe acts as headphones. But what I was saying if a phone call comes in I can answer it and I can hear them talk through my car speakers . Not sure if any bbs do it I know my curve did not.
    11-29-09 11:35 AM
    I've got the tour, so far I like it, but I've been thinking of the droid because a friend loves his iphone (which I think is vzw answer (droid), whatdoya think?
    11-29-09 01:48 PM
    Honestly I don't think you really can compare the iphone to droid. So many differences in it best bet is to play with one and see how you like it. You have 30 days on vzw so why not try. I like mine a lot but there is tons of things I personally miss about blackberry 1 being the qwerty on the non storm. Like I said before I am not huge into touch screen phones that id why I got the moto droid and keyboard on this is weird to get useto but not horrible. In my eyes if you want a phone to "play" with droid is great.
    11-29-09 02:06 PM
    I tried the Pre, now back to Tour. If you love BB there is no substitute.
    12-02-09 01:40 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD