Sprint gave me an upgrade and im debating on which phone to get i want the Tour but i wanna try out the Pre but the htc Hero lookz mad sick, i had a blackberry be4 (pearl) i liked it alot but i wanted to try something new? nayone can give me some insight on the tour or pre??
    10-05-09 10:34 AM
    I switched from a Treo 755p to a Tour. I looked closely at the Pre, and just could not stand the flimsy feel of the keyboard. No way that phone would of lasted me 2 years in a new contract. I have had some issues with the Tour, but so far have been solved. I love everything the phone does, and a lot of cool apps.
    10-05-09 10:56 AM
    The best advice would be to goto a local store and try each phone out. They all have their pros and cons. And besides, you're asking a bunch of Crackberries what phone they'd prefer? LOL.
    10-05-09 11:07 AM
    I switched over from the Pre, the only drawbacks on the Pre is the build quality. It felt like a plastic toy and the keyboard creaked every time you use it.

The Tour is solid and performs as advertised.

If the build quality doesn't bother you - ask yourself this, what is more important to you on a phone?

1 - multimedia experience (pre)
    2 - or messages / email (tour)
    10-05-09 11:15 AM
    I switched over from the Pre, the only drawbacks on the Pre is the build quality. It felt like a plastic toy and the keyboard creaked every time you use it.

The Tour is solid and performs as advertised.

If the build quality doesn't bother you - ask yourself this, what is more important to you on a phone?

1 - multimedia experience (pre)
    2 - or messages / email (tour)
    I can still do plenty of multimedia stuff on my Tour. I use it to watch video podcasts every day at the gym. I'll probably end up completely replacing my iPod once I get a larger capacity MicroSD card.
    10-05-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD