I just got my first blackberry yesterday and I'm already having issues...
    the top right mute button does not work at all for me. Am I supposed to change some kind of setting for it to work? The lock button on the left side works fine - once I press it the screen goes black.

Also, is it normal for the ball you use to navigate on the blackberry to be slow at first? I have noticed that I have to move it around a while before it starts working on the phone with highlighting the different icons.

Not happy about this at all... hope this isnt a red flag when it comes to being a blackberry owner.
    06-16-10 09:43 AM
    Can you elaborate on what are you trying to use the mute button for? Since it's your first BB, presumably you're not expecting it to make the device go to standby like it used to. Are you trying to mute music, phone conversations, or what?

Go to Options>Screen/Keyboard and scroll down to the trackball section and see what your settings are. Mine is set to 80 for horizontal and vertical. Response on mine is instant. If you're scrolling it around and it doesn't move right away, that could be an issue. Is the phone lagging when this occurs, like with a clock in the middle of the screen like it's busy, or no? Can you use other functions like the app switcher (hold the bb/menu button down) when this is happening? Also, is the trackball "lag" continual or just occasional?

What OS do you have installed? Hold alt+rt shift+h and look for "app version" and post that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 06-16-10 at 10:48 AM.
    06-16-10 10:43 AM
    I think I figured it out, the mute button worked when I was on the phone, I am assuming it is for that. I thought that it was the button for silencing the whole phone.
    06-16-10 10:48 AM
    Nope. Sound profiles for that. On the home screen (with the 6 icons on it) scroll up and that's where that is. Otherwise options>sounds and ring tones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD