Basically I wrote a letter to Verizon on Planetfeedback.com (2 weeks ago) about how I am a Verizon customer since 1998, have 4 lines, and was on my 4th BlackBerry with Verzion, (and that I am a disgrunted Storm owner on #5...)

And just wanted to trade it for something comprable (Tour).
    Was phoned back by corporate the following day..

Came to an agreement they would be calling me back today to find out if I will be able to swap the devices for one another..

Anyone have any suggestions if they are not willing to swap devices for me??

Thanks and hopefully all works out for me.
    Last edited by tsmyth; 07-13-09 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Edit Title
    07-13-09 09:29 AM
    Help Please lol
    07-13-09 09:37 AM
    I found out yesterday when I was gonna get my Tour. It was about 11:15 AM CST that I first held that little bad boy.........LOL

VZW should be able to help you out. Just be patient and polite.
    07-13-09 09:39 AM
    Thanks, Yeah I have been very polite each time on the phone, just want to make sure if they say they can't do it -- What should I tell them? Threaten to leave? IDK what to counter them with Lol
    07-13-09 09:42 AM
    I am in a similar situation as yours. On my 6th storm since Jan 26th, and yetserday I was given the official word on a swap. As of now you cannot swap for a tour. However they let me get upgrade pricing so it wasnt bad because I get the 1 year warranty, if you do a swap the warranty only goes from the day you got your old phone (in my case Jan 26th). I posted my storm on craigslist and got an offer of $225, it will be gone on wednesday when my tour arrives lol.
    07-13-09 09:46 AM
    Thanks for the help... So how are all of these people saying there getting the Tour in exchange for the Storm?? Just getting lucky or what? Thanks
    07-13-09 09:55 AM
    Thanks for the help... So how are all of these people saying there getting the Tour in exchange for the Storm?? Just getting lucky or what? Thanks
    I have no idea, I am on a corporate plan, and a so-called "VIP" customer through them, and that was the best they could do. I was on the phone for over an hour talking with them yesterday about all my options. I just decided to pay for it and sell my storm to off set the cost, which will wind up being the same anyhow. Plus buying outright gives me the warranty as i stated earlier.
    07-13-09 10:03 AM
    I told them that I had numerous exchanges and that at this point I lost faith in the Storm Model as it could hurt my business. I told them it is extremely important to my business that I not deal with lock ups, freezes, and my voice sounding muffled, and I would really appreciate if they could replace it with "the upgraded version of the Storm with the keyboard" the Tour.

She looked over the account, said she would get back to me in 10 minutes. She called back in 5 and approved the exchange so long as they get the Storm back.

Good luck, be polite, and send a Planet Feedback compliment if the issue gets resolved.....its just the right thing to do to say thanks
    07-13-09 10:04 AM
    I told them that I had numerous exchanges and that at this point I lost faith in the Storm Model as it could hurt my business. I told them it is extremely important to my business that I not deal with lock ups, freezes, and my voice sounding muffled, and I would really appreciate if they could replace it with "the upgraded version of the Storm with the keyboard" the Tour.

She looked over the account, said she would get back to me in 10 minutes. She called back in 5 and approved the exchange so long as they get the Storm back.

Good luck, be polite, and send a Planet Feedback compliment if the issue gets resolved.....its just the right thing to do to say thanks
    Thanks for the help.. I just hope this same works for me... That would be perfect!
    07-13-09 10:18 AM
    I went through the exacy same situation. I posted my story and will dig it up and post the link here. Long story short, after several calls over a couple weeks, I was able to go to a store and ditch my storm and walk out with the tour, all the accessories, my storm memory card, AND my NE2 didn't get reset!

Feel free to pm me for details

Jamie

Edit: here is the link to my little story: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ve...ht-end-265516/

Essentially, I was VERY courteous on the phone, which always helps. I made sure to ask the reps how they were, which got some nice responses. Being calm and friendly goes a long way I think.

I also have been with Verizon for 9 years, and have never switched phones mid-contract. That could have helped my cause a little as well.

jamie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by McKrakken; 07-13-09 at 10:40 AM.
    07-13-09 10:29 AM
    I went through the exacy same situation. I posted my story and will dig it up and post the link here. Long story short, after several calls over a couple weeks, I was able to go to a store and ditch my storm and walk out with the tour, all the accessories, my storm memory card, AND my NE2 didn't get reset!

Feel free to pm me for details

Jamie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Jamie I would greatly appreciate if you can do that for me. I need all the info possible to be able to get the Tour. Thanks!
    07-13-09 10:35 AM
    I edited my original post with the link. I probably should have put it here.. but I wasn't that smart!
    07-13-09 10:41 AM
    i just argued for about a half hour and got the phone for $150 with all the rebates and $25 off my next bill making the phone $125. Now im not sure if i want to get rid of my curve lol. I have so many accessories for the curve, (charging station, cases, multiple batteries, etc) and not sure if any of them will work on the TOUR. what do you guys think?
    07-13-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD