I have a tour on the VZ network and updated to the new OS about 3weeks ago. Since then my time zone keeps changing on its own. I live in NY and use "Eastern Time -5" but every 2days my BB switch on its own to "Pacific Time -8." Its very annoying since its a 3hr difference and screws up my sms/bbm's. Anyone have a clue on how to fix this?
    05-14-10 11:04 PM
    Are you syncing time with a computer? There are some pretty astute time zone types - hopefully, they will chime in on this.
    05-15-10 12:05 AM
    What setting did you set your time to? Is it set to manually update?
    05-15-10 01:36 AM
    I would vote for the "syncing with a computer" issue. Under synchronization, be sure the box is unchecked where it reads "update date and time?.
    05-15-10 06:23 AM
    IT'S THE LAPTOP!!!!!
    I have been having the exact same problem and it's been driving me crazy for weeks. I was almost about to throw out the BB because my calendar became unusable.
    CHANGE THE TIME ZONE ON THE COMPUTER YOU ARE SYNCING TO.
    Fixed the issue for me! Thank you guys so much!
    04-02-12 09:25 AM
    I have a tour on the VZ network and updated to the new OS about 3weeks ago. Since then my time zone keeps changing on its own. I live in NY and use "Eastern Time -5" but every 2days my BB switch on its own to "Pacific Time -8." Its very annoying since its a 3hr difference and screws up my sms/bbm's. Anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

I am experiencing this kind of glitch too, how can I fixed it?
    04-13-12 05:49 AM
    I am experiencing this kind of glitch too, how can I fixed it?
    See the instructions in Posts 4 and 5 in this thread. This problem is typically caused by syncing to a PC that is set to the wrong time or time zone. Desktop Manager by default syncs your device time to the PC's time. If the PC time is wrong, your device time will be wrong after the sync. There's no need to sync the two times. The posts above recommend you disable that setting in Desktop Manager. You'll have to look for the setting. It's location varies with the Desktop Manager version.
    04-13-12 04:49 PM
    Well, I have been trying to figure out why my PB and BB continue to change time zones.....your great answer solved it for me>>>really SUPER AWESOME. I survived Super Typhoon Yolanda and humans can fly in 200 MPH winds. I am living proof. No Damage, just my Dell Hard Drive. Still have no Internet so my Blackberry Stuff rules. Seems that the Filipinos stole all the DSL equipment so I Have to wait till new stuff comes in. Thanks for being there!!! Dave da Bulldog
    01-22-14 03:44 AM
    I live in Nigeria My time zone is correct as GMT+1 but the flag is the US flag. I keep receiving Qs from my friends asking if I'm in the US. How can I change this please?
    Time zone changes by itself for no reason-img_00004403_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD