Well I just got my replacement tour today from sprint, and I have to say it's no better than the first one. I can't hold a call in my house, it drops every call... these things have major problems with signal strength...1 second I will be at -90db, 1 second later, -120db, it fluctuates wildly like no other phone I have ever owned....

The 2nd one sprint sent me, was a cluster
    getting activated... the data still doesn't work on it...but why bother...it's not going to hold a call, so I guess it's back to the 8703 until they get the bugs worked out...
    07-21-09 04:10 PM
    i drop calls at my house now too.. i didnt with my curve
    07-21-09 04:10 PM
    yeah, the tour must have some major problems with RF.... thats the only thing I can think is causing it... I imagaine the return rate will be huge for sprint
    07-21-09 04:13 PM
    Well I just got my replacement tour today from sprint, and I have to say it's no better than the first one. I can't hold a call in my house, it drops every call... these things have major problems with signal strength...1 second I will be at -90db, 1 second later, -120db, it fluctuates wildly like no other phone I have ever owned....

The 2nd one sprint sent me, was a cluster
    getting activated... the data still doesn't work on it...but why bother...it's not going to hold a call, so I guess it's back to the 8703 until they get the bugs worked out...
    go with a Verizon Tour. We don't have any reception problems on the Verizon side
    07-21-09 04:35 PM
    sprint is fine, it's the phone that doesn't work... my coverage with any other phone is 3-5 bars always in my home
    07-21-09 04:40 PM
    Verizon is the way to go. I've had no problems with signal strength, dropped calls, or data connectivity.

Everyone that I know that uses Sprint are always complaining about their service...

Just my 2 cents.
    07-21-09 05:02 PM
    I've noticed my signal strength to be slightly worse with my Tour versus my wife's (my old) curve. Sitting in my home office at my desk, my Tour is around -85 to -90 where the curve is around -82 to -87. Not much difference, and haven't dropped any calls, but it is ever so slightly weaker in the signal.
    07-21-09 05:05 PM
    i have sometimes 0-1 bars at home in my basement but i still get my calls and browse. Wonder if its worth exchanging for another one. My signal is much weaker than on my Pearl but still works fine.
    07-21-09 05:08 PM
    Hopefully, it is a software problem not a hardware issue. Maybe all it needs is an update with a tweaked radio file, among other things...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 05:11 PM
    Mine is always -80 everywhere I've been and checked, but I know nothing about these numbers, is that good or bad?
    07-21-09 05:12 PM
    sprint is fine, it's the phone that doesn't work... my coverage with any other phone is 3-5 bars always in my home

No Sprint is not fine. Nobody that has the Tour on the Verizon Network has had any issue with service. I've already taken mine cross multiple state lines and have had zero issues. It just comes down to the fact that Sprint is a mediocre service and Verizon is far superior. Sorry, truth hurts sometimes. Just watch the commercials.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 05:15 PM
    ^^^^ HAHAH commercials ALWAYS tell the truth^^^

I have had 0 problems with sprint in the 8 years I have had service. I have dropped no calls with my tour and have had no hardware issues with it either.
    07-21-09 05:21 PM
    I have dropped no calls with my tour and have had no hardware issues with it either.
    Ditto. A few software glitches but that's it.
    07-21-09 05:23 PM
    In my apartment, my girlfriend's calls drop ALL THE TIME with Sprint, while I have great reception with Verizon. We both have blackberry Curves, and she just upgraded to the Tour. Same issues. Its the service provider. Not the phone.
    07-21-09 05:25 PM
    I wonder if the Tour shares any hardware with the newer 8330m's? I recall 8330m's seemed to have the same signal issues while the earlier 8330's held a far more stable signal.
    07-21-09 05:27 PM
    ^^^^ HAHAH commercials ALWAYS tell the truth^^^

I have had 0 problems with sprint in the 8 years I have had service. I have dropped no calls with my tour and have had no hardware issues with it either.
    Yeah like the storm commercial that has a speedy working phone I love that one
    07-21-09 05:33 PM
    I wonder if the Tour shares any hardware with the newer 8330m's? I recall 8330m's seemed to have the same signal issues while the earlier 8330's held a far more stable signal.
    Not sure but my 8330m has signal issues but right now at work i'm full bars -80. Long as i don't access data it stays there. We'll see when I get my Tour.

Does your 8330m drop signal when accessing data? or texting
    07-21-09 05:35 PM
    No signal probs with my V-Tour
    My tour, storm, and my wife's curve all have the same signal strength at home.
    I'm on VZW coming from a Samsung Omnia, and my reception seems better if anything with the Tour. Come to Verizon
    07-21-09 05:43 PM
    Actually, at least in this market, Verizon's service is not as reliable as sprints. Vzw is overloaded and has networkproblems because of it... Sprint has very good coverage where I live, but this blackberry lacks in radio performance.... so after lengthy conversations with sprint,t hey had me pick up an Airave at my local store and waived the cost until they come out with new software with the tour. The guy in airave support said they are getting a lot of coverage issues with the tour.
    07-21-09 06:46 PM
    In my market Verizon has zero coverage where I live, but Sprint does. I have not visited a place yet where Sprint didn't work. Some areas probably have coverage for some carriers and not for others. I would check the coverage by having someone who has the carrier you are going to come over first, and see if there is coverage. Don't go by maps, according to Verizon they have excellent coverage in my area. If no bars is excellent coverage, I would hate to see marginal.
    07-21-09 07:37 PM
    Mine is always -80 everywhere I've been and checked, but I know nothing about these numbers, is that good or bad?
    lower the better. -80 should be 4-5 bars.h
    07-22-09 08:56 AM
    I'm on Verizon and live in podunkville just east of nowhere and I get great EVDO coverage.. I love it! Nothing but Verizon works out here..

Anyway, no signal differences here between my Tour and my Fiances Pearl.

-Corey
    07-22-09 09:00 AM
    maybe its where i live but my verizon tour reception isnt always the best at my home. i either have to go close to a window or speak up louder in the phone for them to hear me. it has dropped a call a few times also..phone issue or reception issue where i live at?
    07-22-09 09:01 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD